Team Integra Forums banner

1001 - 1020 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
A built motor with zero miles built by a company/individual that knows there stuff is always great bc then there is no worried and gives you less to freak out about when beating on it. Your getting close bro I'm excited for you soon I'll be building mine as well

Reactions: drmix

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,004
Spent some time cleaning up the tranny getting it ready for paint. Almost there just have a couple spots to clean up then going over it with the wire cup brush to scuff up the surface for primer.

I had 20 Auto Zone bucks on my account which paid for 2 cans of engine enamel and some wire brushes for free. I have a 4 day weekend this week so I still have 2 full days to kill. I am planning on getting the tranny and head painted over the 2 days.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,006
^^Looking forward to seeing this
Very good job so far!
Any word on the block
I hate waiting on shops lol
Thanks! Havent heard anything about the block yet. When I dropped it off yesterday he said they would have someone tear it down and prep it for the machine shop. Its probably going to be at least a couple weeks until I hear anything back.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,010
I'm definitely following, If I could get over there I'd help you turn some wrenches. I've been itching to work on a car, but the weather is not forgiving.
Yeah lol im glad its finally starting to warm up.

Once it gets nicer and I finally get the teg back on the road well have to try and get some of the local TI members together. Maybe around May/June?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Factory gsr tranny
read that and thought: "NOW is the time to slide an LSD in there".... but damn, the guy I got mine from and pointed other users to doesn't seem to be on eBay anymore....

got a stock ITR one for just a little over $300.. it was this one, but not that seller... even though that price is close

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
I've seen a few lsd's on eBay for around the same price we paid for ours for the oem R just gotta check from time to time

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,014
LSD would be nice. I might have to add it to the parts list. It would be later on when it comes time to install the turbo (already need to pull the tranny to upgrade the clutch and possibly the axles). My goal right now is just get the car back on the road so I can break in the motor then add the turbo later.

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,017
Wow, that's an awful rip of the real DVD.

Free streaming of the original if you have Prime. Don't steal from cool people, mmmk?

Amazon.com: The Pursuit of Function: Kyle Johnson, Ivan Marcinko, Litmatch Productions: Amazon Instant Video
Didnt know it was an actual documentary. I just thought it was just a youtube only thing.

Just got done painting the tranny:
Primed up

Painted

Turned out pretty well. The color had more metallic than I was expecting (always looks different on the cap then the actual paint) but I think it looks good. Had a small run when I was trying to paint a hard to reach/see spot but its not in an obvious part. Ill probably start cleaning the head a little later then paint it tomorrow. Gotta love long weekends!

1001 - 1020 of 2483 Posts