Team Integra Forums banner

981 - 1000 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #981
Today I pulled the Recaros and carpet to remove the rest of the sound deadening material:

Recaros postin up

Before

During

After

I decided to leave the material on the drivers floor pan to help cut down on vibrations/sounds while driving. After I weighed the material removed it came out to a total loss of about 15lbs. It wont make too much of a difference but every little bit helps.

I called SpeedFactory yesterday before they closed for a quote on putting my block together. Have to wait until Tuesday to get it since they will be at Import Face Off in Cali until then. Hopefully ill have enough money this pay day to get the block taken care of so I can be one more step closer to driving it if not ill have to wait for next check.

My plan was to relocate the battery to the hatch but after researching it I am undecided. The original plan was to get the BWR catch can kit which is made to fit in the factory battery location then I would mount the battery in the trunk. After researching it I found that if I ever decided to take the car to the track I might have an issue with the battery. I heard that some tracks require a battery cutoff switch on the back of the car and also may require the battery to be vented to the outside. Has anyone that relocated their battery to the hatch ever had a problem at the track with this?

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
that all looks like normal wear to me. as long as you dont feel any gouges you should be absolutely fine

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
man, this has got to be exciting to build up a motor..... it's on my list of "stuff to do someday" (but not my Teg i hope, maybe a second project Teg someday)

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #989
man, this has got to be exciting to build up a motor..... it's on my list of "stuff to do someday" (but not my Teg i hope, maybe a second project Teg someday)
Yeah its pretty exciting doing all the research and building everything just the way you want it. You should find a cheap block and start building it up :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yeah its pretty exciting doing all the research and building everything just the way you want it. You should find a cheap block and start building it up :biggrin:
You should Steve!

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
It's super fun and addicting I love the thrill of part hunting lol but I second the Jeff comment you should get one and build It :)

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #992
So I got my quote from SpeedFactory on putting the block together. At first I was a little shocked with the total price but after looking at what was included it wasnt too bad. The quote includes boring/honing (going to 81.5mm pistons), OEM ITR oil pump, polish the crank, ACL rod/main bearings and the assembly.

The plan is to drop the block off on Saturday. The estimated turn around time is 3-4 weeks depending on how busy the machine shop is. That should give me enough time to finish up with the other little things I want/need to do to the car before dropping the motor in.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
How much are they charging you roughly

·
Registered
166 Posts
Roughly in the 1100 range is what I know, having speedfactory do it is a big security blanket cause of who they are and what the skills they perform.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Wow turbo build looks like its coming along. That is the last thing I plan to do to my car in the future. I've thought about removing the sound deadening material in the trunk, but you just convinced me not to. Its still my daily so I guess ill be painting over it later lol. Keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #997
Got the block bagged up, off the engine stand and ready to get dropped off at SpeedFactory in the morning.

About to place my order on some cheap random stuff for the teg. For $85 shipped I am getting:
*25ft 0 gauge battery cable (relocate battery)
*15ft RCA cable with antenna wire for amp in one cable (connect amp)
*Distribution block (relocate battery)
*ANL fuse holder with 100 amp fuse (relocate battery)
*125 amp fuse holder (Just in case the 100 amp isnt enough)
*4oz bottle of Permatex ultra slick assembly lube (reinstall cams)
*.5oz ARP ultra torque assembly lube (reinstalling ARP head studs)
*4 1/4in d-ring tie downs (mounting the sub)

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Yeah around 1100. 600 of it is assembly the rest is machining and parts. But like Paul said they are very reputable and are well known in the Honda community.
not bad. im going to have laskey do my build but i have to ship it out to them lol. being in texas some time sucks. there is a builder here in town that does race cars, im talking about lemans and all that type of stuff. my tuner knows them personally but he said theyll poke my eyes out, lol!

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #999
Dropped off the block and pistons at SpeedFactory this morning.:cool:

Got home and felt like tinkering around with the teg. Since my interior is still completely stripped I decided to take a look at the rear speakers which I thought needed replacing. Found out that the previous owner decided that twisting wires together and putting tape around it would hold together. This of course didnt work. Went ahead and "properly" connected the speakers. Im almost positive the speakers are good to go now.:rolleyes:

Just waiting on the battery and amp cables I ordered today to arrive so I can put the interior back together. Other than that not a whole lot going on with the car until then. Im planning on painting my motor this time around to freshen up the look and make it more resistant to dirt/oil. So I might start cleaning parts and getting that process started.

981 - 1000 of 2483 Posts