Team Integra Forums banner

961 - 980 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
SWEET! looks good i was thinking of doing the same to my ca in my build but will probably skip it as im trying to do my swap and all in one day

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
The cost isnt too bad. Its just really time consuming.

Go Hawks!

Yeah it's that time factor that hurts me I got a lot to do in one day with swapping and fluids and wiring in gauges plumbing, vac lines deleting hard lines and everything else. I think I may buy a rywire one or just simplify and tuck some of the stock harness. The build is coming along nicely

·
Registered
514 Posts
The rywire harnesses look good but they are too pricey. You should just pick up an extra harness and do it yourself.

$75 for a harness + $35 in materials and time vs. $400 for a rywire
I agree. The Rywire is nice but the extra money can be well spent on other places in the build. If a person has the patience its not difficult to do just like you already demonstrated.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not bad at all I'm currently performing this same task, only took me a little over an hour to de loom the harness now just wait for my check to deposit so I can purchase the materials top re-wrap it back up. Build is coming alone nicely glad I can help and be apart of it.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #971
Alright so after alot of thinking I decided that the Dragon Run this year just wouldnt be possible. With a turbo build to pay for along with the trip it just isn't possible...for the teg at least. I would love to personally make the trip this year but that is still in the air. Thankfully Bmarksb18 said he would give me ride to the dragon if I ended up flying over. I would love to make the trip over there this year but we will see how it plays out.

My goal is to build the teg this year so I can bring it to the Dragon next year.

I did find my map for the dragon when I was removing my rear seat belts.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #972
Still waiting to receive my pistons. The seller messaged me yesterday and said that they would be shipping directly from JE within 1-2 business days so probably Friday at the latest.

I will also be receiving my Mr. Gasket vise jaw inserts from Summit Racing tomorrow which I completely forgot about lol. They have been on back order since December when I placed my order. I am glad I ordered when I did because they raised the price from $20 to $34 after I had placed my order and since I had 20 Summit Bucks to spend so it only cost me about $5 just to cover shipping. Time to find a bench vise for the garage!

Finished up with my harness

The other day I began removing the sound deadening material in the trunk using dry ice. Its working pretty good using just dry ice, a plastic scraper and a hammer. Have almost all the trunk and rear seat material removed. Ill be pulling the carpet and Recaros this weekend to get the rest.

Heres how it is now

Whats been removed so far. Im gonna weigh it when I get done and see how much it is.

My girlfriend is going to be gone Saturday and Sunday so I got a couple of days to work on the teg without distractions.

This weekends plans:
*Pull Recaros and carpet
*Remove remaining sound deadening material
*Replace drivers side tie rod
*Break down my motor so when the pistons arrive the block will be ready to go
*Figure out about how much its going to cost to get my block built
*:beer:

·
Registered
180 Posts
harness looks good man. can't wait to see the new turbo setup up and going, i can't imagine how fun it's going to be, good **** bro.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #976
Why are you removing the sound deadening material I mean isn't that going to make things a lot louder? Curious to see weight reduction though
Just to lighten it a little more. Noise isnt a big issue since my teg is just a weekend/toy car. If it was a daily I would have left it.

Heres what I have done so far for weight reduction:
AC - 46.5lbs
Spare tire, jack, tools - 29.5lbs
Spare tire cover (broken anyways lol) - 9lbs
Power steering - 17lbs
Rear windshield wiper - 3lbs
Power antenna - 2lbs
Rear seat - 26lbs
Rear seat belts - 5lbs
Cargo cover - 7lbs

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
I've heard on our cars and other light weight Hondas 100lbs= 1 tenth of a second time shaved off your 1/4 mile time so assuming that's correct, YOU JUST ADDED HP YO! (Kinda) lol

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #978
I've heard on our cars and other light weight Hondas 100lbs= 1 tenth of a second time shaved off your 1/4 mile time so assuming that's correct, YOU JUST ADDED HP YO! (Kinda) lol
Haha I guess thats one way to look at it! :biggrin:

Received my vise insert today from Summit Racing after months of waiting. Looks like its pretty good quality.

961 - 980 of 2483 Posts