Team Integra Forums banner

941 - 960 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
build is coming together quite nicely sir keep up the goodwork cant wait to see the final product

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #945
You're "planning" on Dragon right?
The goal is to go to the dragon again this year but with the build, a friends bachelor party in Vegas and other things im not really sure. Id say its 50/50 right now. One thing for sure is if I do go im not driving my car cross country again lol. Shes getting shipped this time :cool:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Manifold looks awesome man, glad you like the toolbox I love mine. Now just eep that manifold on so I can confiscate the other manifold haha.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Haha oh I know man no worries lol just giving you a hard time, Seriously though that mani looks good it will be nice to see the finished project when said and done.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #951
Yeah the first pull with boost will make it all worth it. I just wish parts were coming in faster. When you bringing your engine stand over?

--------------------------------------

Been working on setting up the tool chest today. Ended up going to Harbor Freight and picking up another pack of liners for the drawers, a socket organizer and a wrench organizer.

Forgot I also picked up this tool yesterday at Home Depot when I bought the chest:beer:

Havent done much to the motor since I pulled it. Ive been thinking of going through my motor harness and deleting all of the plugs that arent being used and cleaning up the harness. Already have the plugs marked that arent being used just need to pull the harness apart and unpin the plugs not being used at the shock tower location.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah the first pull with boost will make it all worth it. I just wish parts were coming in faster. When you bringing your engine stand over?

Hopefully next weekend, Gotta drop my son off this Friday in Othello right after work till Tuesday. Was going to yesterday but my grandmother took a fall and broke her left arm for the second time in 3 years so not good there. Got a micrometer to see that those cylinders are measuring out at.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #955
So I started on my harness last night. Didnt do too much to it yet just pulled off most of the tape and loom. It looks like I will only be deleting 4 plugs from the harness. I thought it was more but oh well. I sprayed the plugs getting deleted in green paint so I wouldnt mix them up.

Started with:

What I got now:

I should be ordering the expandable sleeving this weekend or next week some time. Just need to figure out the sizes I need to order and how much.

I also looked at my payday and bill schedule and it looks like my payday on Feb 5th will almost all go to the teg. The plan is to order my pistons and rods with that pay check. I found a combo pack that comes with JE 81.5mm 9.0:1 pistons with Eagle H beam rods and includes rings, wrist pins and locks for $820 shipped.

Anyone have any input on that combo or a better price anywhere?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #956
Was bored on the computer today and decided to pull up the list of mods done to my car and was going through and noticed that I already have Eagle rods in my motor! Lol looks like I just saved myself $350:thumbs_up:

So it looks like ill be ordering just the pistons next pay day.

Been working on the harness whenever I have some extra time. Heres what I got done so far:
*Removed old electrical tape and loom
*Deleted the plugs I needed to by depinning them from the engine harness
*Quickly cleaned off the remaining plugs. Im gonna find an old tooth brush and clean them a little better.

Should be ordering my expandable sleeving this weekend (been slacking on figuring out the sizes I need). The plan is to have the harness ready this weekend so when the sleeving arrives I just need to install it on the harness and be good to go.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i'm now catching up here. good use of the time while you wait on the HG.
Nice work on the weight reduction.
So what did you end up doing with the canister hose? tuck down underneath?

By the way, I think it'll be the Seahawks & Broncos at the SB this year.

^
turns out I guessed correctly,... lol ;)
Congrats on your Seahawks.

& great work on the car. Keep it up.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Was bored on the computer today and decided to pull up the list of mods done to my car and was going through and noticed that I already have Eagle rods in my motor! Lol looks like I just saved myself $350:thumbs_up:
lol.. absolutely epic.... running log ftw !

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #960
So yesterday I picked up a hot knife and some heat shrink for the harness at Harbor Freight. I had a 25% off coupon so it was only like $18 after tax.

I also ordered some expandable sleeving this morning. I orderdered 10ft of the 1" and 25ft of the 1/2". I might have to order more in a different size to finish the harness but this will give me an idea of this size I need. Not bad for $22 shipped between 2 sellers. The type I ordered is called TechFlex and is flame retardant with a continuous rating of 250°F with a melting point of 482°F. I think this should hold up in the bay. Heres the rest of the specs:
Techflex - Flexo Flame Retardant Expandable Sleeving

941 - 960 of 2483 Posts