Team Integra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
So I got my headlights all put back together. Just got to pull the bumper and put them in and install the new HID kit. Should look pretty good though. I was surprise how well the G35 projectors fit. It was alot of work to make them work but they look stock. Might order a set of cheap headlights off ebay so I can steal the lenses off.
I just started working at infiniti and I thought about getting some off an fx35 because we're doing a recall repair and the headlight assembly would be free! Lol

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
No I wish I would have though. This is the only pic I could find that shows kind of how they were mounted.

I used the super long screws since it was easier to make adjustments without having to take everything apart again. They have been cut alot shorter now. Its not too hard though just make sure that you do one side at a time so you can compare between the stock and the retrofitted. Mine turned out to be very close to stock after I adjusted them. There was alot of adjusting and shifting around that had to be done. I used extra washers to get them to fit flush on the mounting plate.

What projectors are you gonna use?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
So I finally finished up with the body work today. So heres some before and after pics.

Before

After

Before

After

Also a couple pics of when I replaced the throttle body cable and pulley to an ITR.

Thats it for today. Next I got planned body work wise is repaint the back bumper and side skirts. After repainting the hatch it made the rear bumper stand out that much more.

Next weekend im gonna be detailing the car thoroughly. Ive only washed it once since ive had so I think its definitely overdue. There probably wont be very many updates on new parts though since I am in the process of buying a house so that is where all my money will be going to.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Spent most of the day cleaning my car. Started off this morning with a wash followed by wax and a clay bar job. Came out pretty well. After that I applied trim detailer on all of the trim and rubber moldings which a tooth brush which made a huge difference. All the old faded gray is now glossy black :thumbs_up:

I also cleaned the windows and vacuumed out the interior so she is now as clean as ever.

I also decided that I would slowly install my black interior. Probably do everything but the dash tomorrow. Ill need to do the dash on another weekend when I got alot more free time. Im still in need of black seats so the tan ones will have to do for now.

I am working on my door panel inserts right now but heres a sneak peek of the fabric I am going with. Not sure how it will look once its installed but its cheap and easy to replace if im not happy with it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am digging the fabric choice for your inserts, I have done a somewhat similar camo pattern for my headliner.... havent quite gotten to the inserts yet. I am interested to see how this turns out.....

Good Luck amigo and I will also like many others will be following your thread!

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Dang looking good man. Wish I had some painting skill lol.
Thanks yeah it turned out pretty good. I love the way the front and rear look now. Im gonna have to get the hood and rear bumper painted next though since they look pretty abused especially next to the freshly painted parts.

I am digging the fabric choice for your inserts, I have done a somewhat similar camo pattern for my headliner.... havent quite gotten to the inserts yet. I am interested to see how this turns out.....

Good Luck amigo and I will also like many others will be following your thread!

That looks pretty good. Im not sure what im gonna do with my headliner yet mght just keep it stock but well see. I got my inserts all cut out just gotta lay them down and glue them on. Ill be sure to post a pic of the completed panels probably tonight.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
So I worked on the door panels today. They turned out alright I think the hardest part is making it look clean where the edge of the fabric is pushed into the crease. I cut a little too much off of the passenger side so ill have to redo that one next weekend. Heres a pic of the drivers side. Overall im pretty happy with how the fabric looks on the door panel.

Heres a before pic of the door panels I got. I have 2 sets of black ones. The first set are the ones that I bought when I bought all of my black interior. They are a little rough and have the usual creases on the arm rest.

The 2nd set I have I bought from somebody who had sold there integra a few years back and just had them sitting in his garage. They were very dirty and covered with spider webs and dust. When I bought them they looked like they would clean up well. Picked up the pair for only $10. I decided to go with these ones because overall they were in better shape.

·
Registered
232 Posts
you said you had two pairs? what are your intentions with the other pair?

and the new door cards look nice. good job

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you feel the need to separate with them, feel free to shoot me a PM. They dont have to be perfect simply because there is not a thing on my teg thats perfect. so a mark or two here or there follows suit with the rest of the car lol

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
So I finally got tired of looking at my rims just sitting there not on the car and decided to get new tires. I ended up getting the Falken Ziex ZE-912's in size 205/55/15. Cant believe how much lighter the rims are than the steelies plus I finally was able to use my Black Works Racing lugs finally which look great. Here is a couple cell phone pics from earlier today. I didnt have my cam with me so they will have to do for now.

They look great but now it just makes me want to lower it that much more. Ill take some more pics tomorrow

·
Registered
943 Posts
hope you got that cheap because you got some work ahead of you, but good luck on your build bro
I really like progress in this thread drmix! Your defiantly bringing this teg back to life man, Gotta love when the owner of does it himself, it gets no better than that!

With what youve done to te teg so far, I can see this teg ending up very clean! (Only dislike the gt3's) but to each his own bro keep the great work up! :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I really like progress in this thread drmix! Your defiantly bringing this teg back to life man, Gotta love when the owner of does it himself, it gets no better than that!

With what youve done to te teg so far, I can see this teg ending up very clean! (Only dislike the gt3's) but to each his own bro keep the great work up! :popcorn:
Thanks!
They are actually DR16s but same thing. It makes me really wanna get my suspension but I gotta wait till I got a garage :frown:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thanks!
They are actually DR16s but same thing. It makes me really wanna get my suspension but I gotta wait till I got a garage :frown:
Out here you'll find people changeing anything from a tire to a rear differential change! I would jus buy it and say F the popo. Lol if I got the tools, I'm doing it myself . Put on your nike's and just do it bro!

61 - 80 of 2483 Posts