Team Integra Forums banner

761 - 780 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #762
I took the car for a short drive this morning. Putted around the block, checked for leaks didnt see any. Did a couple good pulls, checked for leaks which of course there were. Looks like its leaking around the tee fitting. Going to pull the catch can and tee this week and redo it with some bigger fittings. While im down there ill also recalibrate the MTX-L since its long overdue.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #764
How was the power when you did the pulls, Clamps just couldn't squeeze it down enough had a feeling it wasn't going to. So you going to redo the whole can catch?
Pretty much. Just going to replace the fittings on the can with bigger ones. Not too hard just takes time since the JB has to dry for at least a day and then another day for the paint to dry. Probably get started on it sometime during the week and install it next weekend.

Power was alright. Going to replace the plugs once I get the catch can issue figured out since these ones have seen a bit of oil.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #765
So during the week ive been working on my catch can. Decided to just scrap the can that I made previously for a new one. This can turned out much better than the other one.

So far the changes I have made is upgrading to the 1/2in barb fittings so the hose will fit tightly for the block fittings, bought a uni-bit and made the holes in the catch can tighter so the fittings screw directly into the can, and using high temp JB-Weld putty.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Did you get your motor figured out?
You mean as far as the engine mounts/exhaust leak? Yeah I took care of those. ES inserts for the mounts and got some exhaust work done, much quieter now lol. Can looks good, second attempt almost always goes better

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #768
Looks good
...real nice!
Thanks!

You mean as far as the engine mounts/exhaust leak? Yeah I took care of those. ES inserts for the mounts and got some exhaust work done, much quieter now lol. Can looks good, second attempt almost always goes better
Nice! Glad to hear it...update your build thread! lol

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #770
Ended up getting my catch can V2.0 installed today. I didnt have the semi flat paint out in the garage so I just went with VHT flat black looks alright. Havent had a chance to drive the car with the new setup yet but well see how it goes this time around.

I also re-calibrated my MTX-L which was pretty overdue. Probably had about 7k miles on it so far without recalibrating.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #771
So I took the car for a little spin yesterday didnt have any leaks on the catch can so far. Probably put a little more miles on it until I replace the plugs just to verify that im not getting any oil into the intake manifold.

Today the plan is to do a valve lash adjustment and check my compression since I havent done that since I got the motor.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
to do a valve lash the car has to be sitting/not running for at least 24 hours. just an FYI.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #775
I just read through a good portion of your thread. Very nice work! That tan to black swap looks like a ton of work.
Thanks! The tan to black wasnt too bad just really time consuming. If I was to do it again I would wait until it wasnt so hot out or find a shaded area/garage to do it in. 85 degrees inside a car for a day in the sun wasnt much fun lol. In the end though it was worth it :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #776
Just did the valve lash adjustment (Waited until it was 24hrs :wink:). About half of them were a little loose and the other half were in spec. The plan is to take it for a drive tomorrow then do a compression test to see what I find.

Still having issues with it idling while cold. Last time I drove it I cracked the throttle body open like I did before which made it start up and idled at around 1k which is normal. After I drove it around and came back the idle was around 2k. I unhooked the IACV to see if it would drop which it didnt. When I plugged it back in I heard it make a quick sound like air was getting sucked in so I pretty sure that its working.

Could anything from my tune cause this? I cant really think of anything major that I changed since the tune that could cause an issue. Would recalibrating my TPS since the tune cause this?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #777
Been slackin on the teg lately but I finally got around to taking her for a spin. Of course it didnt want to start when it was cold like usual.

What I did to get it running was tighten up the throttle cable so the throttle body was open just slightly so it would idle on its own. Drove it until it warmed up to operating temp, unplugged the IACV, then loosened up the throttle cable until it was idling at a good RPM, shut off the car, unplugged the ECU, plugged in the IACV, waited a few minutes then plugged the ECU back in. After that I started it up and it idled perfectly. Drove it around and it started idling a little higher so I repeated the process but just with the idle screw instead of throttle cable. It idled great for a while so I did a few pulls and after that the idle started to get rough again.

Anyone have any ideas on what could cause the idle to change like this? I got some running around to do today but after that I will finally be checking the compression. The car doesnt seem to have any power issues it just seems like the only problem is the idling.

·
Registered
412 Posts
That sucks you're still having problems with this, sorry mayne. Could it be a fuel issue? I keep tying to think of other things that would cause it to do this when under no load, but you've already covered a lot lol.
ALSO, I need your address because I figured out how to ship beer and need to send you some of the local brews!

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #779
That sucks you're still having problems with this, sorry mayne. Could it be a fuel issue? I keep tying to think of other things that would cause it to do this when under no load, but you've already covered a lot lol.
ALSO, I need your address because I figured out how to ship beer and need to send you some of the local brews!
I think I found the problem. A beer would definitely help lol. Ill PM you the address.

So I just got in from doing the compression test. The car was warmed up and I did the test after driving for a good 30 mins or so but heres the results:

Dry
4 - 180
3 - 180
2 - 150
1 - 235

Wet
4 - 270
3 - 260
2 - 235
1 - 300+(maxed out the gauge)

:thumbs_down:
Is it safe to say that I will need to tear the motor apart?

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
do a leakdown test so you can pinpoint where you are losing compression

761 - 780 of 2483 Posts