Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I replaced my torque mounts a couple days ago. The install for the passenger was really easy and only took a few minutes. The drivers side however took longer since I had to drop the motor about a inch to get the mount out. Havent really noticed any difference but my drivers side mount was in 2 pieces right when I took it out.

I got my chipped OBD1 P28 ecu so the car is running slightly better. I had him delete the knock sensor so VTEC actually works now but I still got a vacuum leak somewhere that I am dealing with. I can completely close off the throttle body and the car will still run lol. I will be replacing the throttle body gasket tomorrow and see if that will help.

So for my headlights the 3m kit I had ordered I havent used yet but plan to this weekend. I was really surprised by the VERY quick delivery though. If you are looking at ordering the kit I HIGHLY recommend ordering from the user tcpglobal on ebay! I ordered the kit about 11pm on Friday and got the kit Monday after I got off work. They also had the lowest price on the kit so there is no reason to go with anyone else. Sorry for the speil but I cant help promoting a company that delivers a product this quick!

Anyways I got a nice list of parts that I will be ordering tomorrow morning so expect alot of updates next week when the parts arrive. So far I am slowly making this car into a car that I can appreciate to drive and had fun doing so.

:beer:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Went on a shopping spree today spent probably more than I should have but oh well. Heres a list of what I got.

*Skunk2 Intake Manifold Black Edition $276
*Blackworks BWR Lug Nuts in Blue $57
*Blackworks BWR Extended Wheel Studs $50
*Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket $53
*G35 HID Projectors $75
*DDM Tuning D2S HID Kit with harness $89

Also I fixed the vacuum leak. It was the throttle body gasket after all so now the idle is nice and smooth.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So earlier this week I decided to finally paint my extra valve cover I got.

Started with this

Removing the paint

Ended with this

I am planning on painting the letters black but havent done it yet. It will look good with my black Skunk2 intake manifold and a carbon fiber plug cover.

Today came home to find some packages.

Planning on installing the intake manifold this weekend along with the thermostat. Theres also a import meet on saturday that I will be going to. Should be pretty fun.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I forgot to bring my camera so all I got is just a cell phone pic but here it is. Dont mind the headlights I should be done with my retrofit next weekend so they will be replaced then.

I wish I would have taken a before and after pic but it turned out great. I also got my black Skunk2 intake manifold and Hondata gasket installed. Im gonna order my type r bracket and throttle cable tonight so it will be a cleaner install.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about getting a Skunk2 intake manifold and Hondata gasket but you will have to replace the manifold studs with longer ones if you want all of the nuts to work. I found a set of studs at Oreillys for some kind of Ford that work perfectly and was only $8. Ill post up the part number if anyone is interested.

Also looking in to getting some rims this week if I can find some. Im thinking about going with some gunmetal GT3's.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Some more random cell phone pics. Ill be sure to take some with an actual camera when everything is completely finished.

Found some rims. They are some gunmetal Drag DR16s in pretty good condition. Price was good so I decided to get them. They need new tires so I cant put them on right now but maybe next payday.

This is the box of studs that I used for my intake manifold. They are the perfect size for running the Hondata and Skunk2 intake manifold. They come with nuts for the studs but I just used my factory nuts to keep it somewhat OEM. Part number is 03411 and bought them from Oreillys for like $8-$9.

Finished up with mounting one of my G35 projectors in a factory headlight today. The bolts I used were super long still gotta cut them down. Probably gonna work on the other one tomorrow then ill just have to button them up and install them. Should be done this weekend.

Also picked up more paint and supplies for phase 2 of my paint upgrade which is my ITR spoiler and shaving/repainting my hatch. Might be able to paint my side skirts too depending on how much room is left in the garage. Its amazing how little $300 buys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finished up with mounting one of my G35 projectors in a factory headlight today. The bolts I used were super long still gotta cut them down. Probably gonna work on the other one tomorrow then ill just have to button them up and install them. Should be done this weekend.
I have never seen this before.. how much work did it take to make them fit? any bumper shaving?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I have never seen this before.. how much work did it take to make them fit? any bumper shaving?
Took a while. The first one took forever but the last one went pretty quick. Not sure if it was a hard retrofit or not since it was my first one. I got both projectors mounted just gotta put everything back together. When I finish ill be sure to post pics.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Snapped a few pics today...with a real camera this time lol. Not much room in the garage but its better than the phone pics.

Workin on painting the back. Filling the big GS-R spoiler hole in the hatch. Also going to shave the emblems and paint my hatch, rear bumper, trophy piece, and OEM ITR spoiler.

Quick shot of the new front end. I love the shaved license plate look. Ignore the rubbing compound dust lol.

Got bored and started looking for a rattle underneath that has been bugging me. At first I thought it was the heat shield from the exhaust but found this.

I dont know much about shift linkage but I can tell this isnt suppose to have play in it. I circled the spot where I believe a bushing should go. I hope this fixes the rattle so I can listen to the motor more when im getting on it.
Is this the correct bushings I need?
OEM Honda Civic Integra DC2 EG6 Si GSR B18C1 B16A2 D16Z6 Shift Lever Bushings | eBay

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Worked more on the rear of the car this weekend. It is now ready for paint and primer so should be done in about a week.

Also managed to install my BWR cam seal since my old OEM one seemed to be slowly leaking oil all over the front of my motor. Also installed my valve cover and changed the oil at the same time. Need to get a plug cover to finish it off.

Got my ITR throttle cable and cable bracket on order so I can finally get rid of that awful looking throttle cable setup I got right now lol.

I will be getting almost a whole week off of work next week so I got a small "to do list" planned. Here is what is currently on there:

1. Finish up with paint and body work for rear of car.
2. Do my tan to black swap with the interior. I bought the full conversion minus seats a couple months ago and has just been sitting in storage. Might have to drive a little ghetto for a while with tan seats since I havent gotten any black ones yet lol.
3. Install my new alarm and fuel cut off switches while I got all the interior out.
4. Install ITR throttle cable, bracket and throttle body pulley.
5. Paint my center caps for the DR16's. Doing the Home Depot $5 center cap DIY lol.
6. Finally finish up with my HID retrofit. Mounted one side of the headlights in the housing but I wasnt happy with how the lenses looked so I will have to sand them a little more.
7. Wax and wash the car. Only washed it once since ive had it and I am sure it has been waxed for quite a while.

Thats about it for now but im sure there are some stuff that I am forgetting.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Sweet ride man! You are really putting some quality care into that thing. Are you planning on keeping the stock suspension? :)
Thanks! I am planning on going with the Koni/Ground Control setup for suspension. Still need to do a little more research on it but im pretty sure thats what I will be getting.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Alright so day 1 of my mini vacation. I received all of my sensors for my alarm yesterday. I am stuck at home today waiting for FedEx to deliver the actual alarm today so I cant really leave to work on my car till it arrives. I wish my FedEx would deliver around the same time they are in my area. Sometimes its at 10am sometimes 3 pm. I will probably just finish up my headlights today and call it good.

I am planning on waking up early tomorrow and heading to my moms to do my tan to black conversion, install the alarm, and fuel cut offs. After my step dad gets home we can continue the body work portion. I am really hoping to have the car done this weekend.

Now for the hard part I gotta pick between getting my tires this week so I can mount my rims or ditch my tan seats and get some black ones. Theres a couple sets of ITR seats for sale right now but I might just wait and find some Recaros. Hmm...decisions, decisions.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
So I got my headlights all put back together. Just got to pull the bumper and put them in and install the new HID kit. Should look pretty good though. I was surprised how well the G35 projectors fit. It was alot of work to make them work but they look stock. Might order a set of cheap headlights off ebay so I can steal the lenses off.

Finally finished installing my remote start/alarm today. I love the system I picked out and I feel alot more comfortable leaving my car when im away. After doing the install I now got a lot of respect for people who install alarms everyday. I dont think I could do it. I got lazy on doing the black to tan swap so that will just have to wait. Probably just wait till I got new seats to put in.

I was too busy to stop by discount tire and check out tires so ill probably just do that next weekend.

I did however pick up a minty set of 98 taillights to replace my cracked and chipped set so those will be going on when the body work is finished. Tomorrow its getting primered but here is she sits as of today.

Tomorrow I plan on painting my DIY center caps for the rims. Should look pretty good when im done.

41 - 60 of 2483 Posts