Team Integra Forums banner

501 - 520 of 2483 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
It doesnt look too bad. I might got that route since I cant even remember the last time I wanted to dim the dash lights lol.

I was thinking about the pods that go on the pillar but that definitely draws attention to your car when driving especially at night when cops are out.

Just ordered that kit that I posted above. Hopefully Ill get it before the weekend so I can install it but well see.
another option would be like mine (install detailed here):

this mounting "cup" (here is a cheaper/non-CF one)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
I pay a lot of attention to my A/F gauge (tells you so much about the tune and gas milage expectations), so it being stashed down in one of the dimmer or cruise spots is no good because you can't see it

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
I pay a lot of attention to my A/F gauge (tells you so much about the tune and gas milage expectations), so it being stashed down in one of the dimmer or cruise spots is no good because you can't see it
Hmm next time im in the car ill check out the locations. The pods that go around the cluster seem like a good visible spot and it doesnt look like it interferes with the factory gauges.

I calibrated my TPS today. I did it without the throttle cable on which made it a little easier. The best I could get it to was .49 closed and 4.54 opened which I think should be acceptable.

I also got around to installing my throttle cable holder that Edelbrock had sent me. It didnt work. No matter which way I installed it the throttle cable wouldnt line up correctly. With the holder installed like it should there was way too much slack in the cable. I ended up bending the holder and shifting it to one side to make it work. It is definitely much better than the previous setup I was running. The cable seems like it sits like it should and goes straight to the throttle body pulley like it should.

Ghetto mod lol

I also changed my oil once again (2nd time with this motor in 350 miles). There was only a little bit of shavings on the magnet but not much at all. Castrol was on sale so I went with that.

I will be starting it up tomorrow for the 1st time since I parked it after having the startup issue so we will see how it goes. I will be taking a video if I have any issues.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I'm having issues as well... GRRRR

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Yeah well the cams were supposedly done wrong, so that has to be sorted out before tuning. Dragon is more than likely out of the question this year, so I'm losing out on the deposit but much rather have a good running car.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #512
So I just got back from driving my car. It runs great the only thing is that the throttle still sticks. When im driving and shift into neutral the RPM's will drop down to sometimes 2k and sometimes around 1300 and just sit there idling at that level until I blip the throttle then it drops down to 800 like it should.

Could it be anything other than the throttle cable? I was gonna start looking into the throttle body but am not sure since it doesnt seem to stick when rotating it by hand.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #514
Alright so I just did some research on the throttle body and it appears that this is a common problem. I called skunk2 and they said the problem is that the spring on the throttle body isnt strong enough for the amount of vacuum that my motor is drawing. They said that I could send it in and they would take care of the issue.

If I was to send it in do you think there would be a problem with running a factory throttle body for the time being?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
also make sure that the cable isnt too tight ..next time it does it pull up on the gas peddle with your foot and if the idle drops its between the tb and peddle if it only changes with a stab at the throtal then it will be on the tb side
Yeah I just tried that today and it didnt help

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Yeah it'll work, i'm running a stock tb at the moment...

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #519
I ordered an ebay intake a few days ago so that will get taken care of. I was looking into ordering a velocity stack and filter for it. I was looking around on JHP and Blox has a kit that comes with a filter and the velocity stack. Havent decided if I should get that or just get the velocity stack separate and then order a K&N to fit it.
Blox High Performance Filter Kit - JDM Honda Parts USA - JHPUSA

I also ordered a Glowshift cluster pod so I can mount my air/fuel ratio gauge. Havent decided what other gauge I want to put in it yet. Any ideas?

Should be installing everything next weekend.

501 - 520 of 2483 Posts