Team Integra Forums banner

461 - 480 of 2483 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
If/when you get re-tuned, I'd see about getting that VTEC engagement point lowered down a bit and see if you can't get that curve going on the upswing a little earlier

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
more aggressive than CTR cams? they are pretty damn aggressive as they are (i had a set of Omnipower ones, they ended up in MeltMan's turbo beast)

Can't wait to see this car and all the work that has gone into her in just 50+ days !

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are some skunk2 pro1's in order?

The answer to that question is yes btw. Especially with that bumped up compression.

The slightly lumpy idle is sick as well.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Your tuner is smart. The tune is very conservative in the "daily driven" RPMs if you notice. Good stuff.

This motor with Cams, intake, and retune will be nuts!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I'm not sure how you are coming to the conclusion that it is a conservative tune in the daily driven RPM range... You cannot really draw that conclusion from the dyno plot alone. That is really dependent on the ignition timing and the fuel mapping, but in all honesty an engine tuned properly does not need to be "conservative". You should tune for the minimum timing for peak torque. For a given RPM and throttle setting there is an ignition timing, referred to as MBT (minimum best timing) that will produce peak torque and then begin fall off with futher advance. At this setting the engine is running the most efficient and an efficient motor is a good running motor. You can back the timing off a degree or so to account for variation in the octane of the gas from batch to batch.

I'm glad to see you got it up and running, I'm pretty jealous!

Mike

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Well looks like I'll be next hehe. Can't wait to get it over to the dyno probably the week after next. Gotta check the ol funds. But at judge kustoms and racing my CEL issue is fixed, and my cams are degreed which runs it s a bit leaner which is awesome because I had some idling down at 11.8 - 12.0. Too rich for my blood and you could start to smell fuel if it sat too long. When I get it back I plan on Rodney Kinging it for about a week, then taking it to get dyno'd that following week. Make sure everything is seated. You'll probably hit higher numbers.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I'm not sure how you are coming to the conclusion that it is a conservative tune in the daily driven RPM range... You cannot really draw that conclusion from the dyno plot alone. That is really dependent on the ignition timing and the fuel mapping, but in all honesty an engine tuned properly does not need to be "conservative". You should tune for the minimum timing for peak torque. For a given RPM and throttle setting there is an ignition timing, referred to as MBT (minimum best timing) that will produce peak torque and then begin fall off with futher advance. At this setting the engine is running the most efficient and an efficient motor is a good running motor. You can back the timing off a degree or so to account for variation in the octane of the gas from batch to batch.

I'm glad to see you got it up and running, I'm pretty jealous!

Mike
I drew that conclusion by the obvious "plateau" in the curves in that RPM range, maybe that was the wrong way to come to that conclusion. However, it certainly will make more power in that range with a more aggresive tune.. leading me to believe this was a conservative tune, and more specifically in that range of the powerband.

Can't wait to see the final Dyno graph!

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #477
So I took the teg on a little road trip...well actually still on it lol. The ol lady decided to take me to the ocean for my bday. So far the teg is doing great. Its a blast to drive and has some get up and go when it comes time for passing cars.

I believe my MPG is up quite a bit too compared to my old motor. So far I got around 150 miles on this tank and still have a little over 1/2 a tank. Still waiting on my throttle cable holder to arrive from Edelbrock. Hopefully it arrives pretty soon because the cable likes getting stuck at around 1100-1200 rpms at stop lights.

Ill probably order an intake tonight for my car. Ill probably just end up getting an ebay short ram setup and ditching the filter that comes with it.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #478
So of course I jinxed myself by making the above post saying that the motor runs great.

Well I went to start it this morning and it just kept dying over and over. The only way I could keep it running was to hold the gas pedal down. So I checked the timing to make sure it didnt jump a tooth or anything and that looked good. Double checked everything else under the hood and everything looked good. So I reset the ecu, started it up again and held down the gas pedal so it sat around 1k and manually made it idle. Waited until it was up to operating temp then let go off the gas and it idled very low but still kept running. Drove it around for a little bit then it seemed like it wanted to run just fine.

Any ideas on what this could be? Once it was running I didnt shut it off until I got home and parked it. Im gonna go take a look at it once it cools down but have no idea what else to check.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Does it die out if you don't hold the gas pedal down? Sounds like what my car had started doing. It'd start, then immediately die. The only way it ran was with me blipping the throttle... Mine was fixed by a lot of things though, should make a video...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Could it be an issue with the throttle cable/plate? I only ask because you said your were waiting on a cable holder and it sounds fuel related but I'm assuming the injectors are good since the tune went fine. Could you have someone hit the throttle while you watch to see if the plate is moving with? Could the plate getting stuck open partially cause it to need more fuel to idle? Or maybe since it only idles right after warm up could it be a iacv issue? Checked ignition/plugs blah blah Idk man I'm just spit ballin lol, sorry your having problems but atleast you have a month to get it figured out.

461 - 480 of 2483 Posts