Team Integra Forums banner

421 - 440 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
Nice man, glad you got that bike sold so quickly. Also purple ftw. When do you plan on getting this thing back on the road?
Yeah me too! I sold it for a little less than I wanted to but still sold for more than I paid for it so I am happy.

I do love the look of the black and purple cam gears!

Right now its looking like ill be finishing up with the prep work this weekend. Then next weekend getting the motor installed. My goal is to be driving the car before my bday which is the 29th. Kinda pressed for time but I think its doable just gotta work hard this weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
So something came up and I couldnt get a chance to unload the motor so the pics will have to wait until tomorrow.

I did just realize that the Mishimoto radiator hoses I bought maybe 100 miles ago are useless from looking at the motor. Since its a type R, the top hose needs to be a bit longer. So I went ahead and placed my order through Summit Racing on a new set in black which will be here next week.

I also received an email from JHP not too long ago saying that my cam gears are out of stock so I cancelled my order through them. Called a couple more places and they were out of stock as well but I did finally find someone who had them in stock. I made sure that they went back and physically verified that they had them in stock. They also said that they would ship out today so I shouldnt have any problem with getting them before next weekend.

Im planning on putting a decent amount of time in on the car this weekend. The goal is to have the engine bay/tranny cleaned, accessories/mounts/bolt-ons mounted on the motor and possibly install the Walbro 255 since that should be coming in tomorrow. I might also go get the basemap for the new motor from the tuner so I wont have to worry about that next weekend.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Yeah me too! I sold it for a little less than I wanted to but still sold for more than I paid for it so I am happy.

I do love the look of the black and purple cam gears!

Right now its looking like ill be finishing up with the prep work this weekend. Then next weekend getting the motor installed. My goal is to be driving the car before my bday which is the 29th. Kinda pressed for time but I think its doable just gotta work hard this weekend.
Those cam gears are sexy!!! Lol can't wait to see your progress !! If I lived in the same state I'd deff be helping you with the build !! Good luck man!

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
Yeah I know! Right when I seen them I added them to the shopping list. Should look good with my "murdered out" valve cover.

I wish you were closer too! Its always more fun when you got help :biggrin:

So I am taking a break from working on the teg. Need to run to Autozone and get some paint for the brackets anyways. Havent decided if I should do semi or gloss black yet.

So far I:
*Unloaded the motor
*Mounted the motor on the stand. Had to run to Lowes and get some bolts because mine werent long enough for the stand.
*Transferred over exhaust and intake manifold studs
*Mounted intake manifold, Hondata thermal gasket
*Put thermostat in
*Oil pan gasket and pan installed
*All coolant hoses connected on the motor.

Probably more but thats all I could think of. Heres a couple random pics of the motor and progress:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
Been working away again. Just came in for some breakfast.
*Installed my drivers side mount
*installed the alternator brackets that I painted yesterday
*Began cleaning the tranny. Kinda seems like an uphill battle because it is so sludgy but I can finally see some silver lol

Did a quick polish of my VTEC solenoid yesterday

Drivers side mount and alternator bracket installed

Dirty tranny

Slowly getting cleaned

Slowly running out of things I can do on the motor. Im waiting for my cam gears to come in so I can quite take it off the stand yet. One of my friends is gonna take one of my valve covers to his work to cut the cover for the cam gears using water jets. After its cut I can paint and install that and the dizzy.

Once the tranny is finally cleaned im gonna get started on the engine bay. The bay doesnt look too bad except near the bottom where theres a build up of sludge.

My Walbro 255 came in yesterday so that will also be on the to do list. They are alot cheaper than I thought. It came out to like $75 shipped with the pump and the install kit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
One of my friends is gonna take one of my valve covers to his work to cut the cover for the cam gears using water jets.

If you cut the valve cover like this you can install and remove the upper timing belt cover without removing the valve cover. Or are you going to cut the timing belt cover also?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
If you cut the valve cover like this you can install and remove the upper timing belt cover without removing the valve cover. Or are you going to cut the timing belt cover also?

I havent decided yet. Ill probably keep the timing cover uncut for now and if I need to remove it its only 2 bolts anyways.

I do love the way that Shafto has the tensioner on his.

looks great! jealous of the motor!
Thanks! Im jealous of your R! Your build is one of my favorite ones to follow.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
Alright so I just got back in from the hot box aka my small sauna of a garage. I worked on cleaning the tranny and it looks much better but could still use some more work to make it perfect but I think its good enough for now. I completely forgot to take pics of the finished tranny but ill take some next time im out there.

Heres the pics from cleaning the engine bay:
Before

The very first time I seen rust anywhere on this car

This stuff works really well. I bought it a few years back at a stand they had setup at a gas station. Works great on removing dirt and light-medium amounts of grease plus leaves a glossy finish when done.

After:

Quickly sanded down the battery tray and threw some black paint on it.

Im probably gonna go around with touchup paint and clean up all the scratches. I also still need to go around and clean the hoses/wires but Ive had enough cleaning for one weekend.

Time to relax :beer:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #439
So I had a friend take my valve cover to his work so he can cut it using water jets. Pretty happy with how it turned out:cool:

Heres some pics:

Heres a video of it getting cut using the water jets. Just a cell phone video so its kinda choppy.

Today I received my ITR Mishimoto radiator hoses. Then tomorrow I am planning on getting my basemap from the tuner, picking up a few small parts that I ordered from Honda, the cam gears are scheduled to arrive and then getting started on the painting process on my valve cover.

It looks like I will be having Friday off from work so the swap day has been moved to Friday :biggrin:

421 - 440 of 2483 Posts