Team Integra Forums banner

401 - 420 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Yeah the trip is still a go as of right now. I think its going to be pretty close time wise but thankfully I dont really have any major bills other than rent, cell phone and car insurance so I am pretty lean on the expenses. I am hoping to get the motor in less than a month (sooner if my quad sells) so that will give me about a month to break it in, tune it, fix any problems that may come up, and then take it on a couple somewhat lengthy trips to check for anything that could jeopardize the Dragon trip.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I used to be into quads (honda 400ex bored to 420 running 12:1 on 116) loved it, but I know those 450's are fun. Hope it sells soon so you can get this motor, that thing is gonna SCOOT!
Also glad you can still make the dragon. Is the yamaha stock?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
I used to be into quads (honda 400ex bored to 420 running 12:1 on 116) loved it, but I know those 450's are fun. Hope it sells soon so you can get this motor, that thing is gonna SCOOT!
Also glad you can still make the dragon. Is the yamaha stock?
Yeah 450s are pretty quick. Its got some basic stuff done to it, nerf bars, extended a-arms in the front, exhaust, brand new Razr Maxxis tires, full skid plate and some other things. Its a blast to ride and love how the 450s are usually low and wide.

I am pretty excited to get the motor installed and get the teg back on the road...not to mention the increase of power that will be coming with it.

I also just placed my order for a Hondata thermal intake manifold gasket for the new motor so ill probably be getting that next week.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
So had a long day working on the teg today. Decided to pull my old motor since it wasnt doing any good sitting in the car anyways. Pulling it wasnt too bad especially since I did it alone but went pretty smooth. I noticed a couple parts while working on it that I need to replace like a passenger side axle which looks like it just started leaking.

Final shots of the old motor installed

Finally out

Im gonna start parting out parts from my old motor that I dont need to help fund the new one. Heres some parts that arrived:

My Mishimoto fan install kit that they sent me for free because one of the small pieces on my kit broke.

OEM valve cover and plug tube seals

Hondata thermal intake manifold gasket for a Type R

Edit: Also forgot to add that I am planning on picking up an engine stand tomorrow. It will be much easier working on the motors on a stand rather than on the ground.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
Exactly you still planning to pick the motor up soon. Hit me up with possiblitlity on parting out might be interested. Need a downtime killer till I get my full custody of my son.
I might be able to pick up the new motor next weekend. Just depends on how big my check is and if I can sell some of my parts. Were you interested in anything else other than the head? I just posted it on craigslist last night. If you want anything let me know and I can set it aside.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
Didnt get much done today. I wanted to pick up a engine stand today but didnt have a ride so I couldnt get into tearing my old motor apart to start selling parts off of it. It sucks not having a car. Ill be picking it up tomorrow though!

I did figure out my climate control issue so that will help out when I get the car back on the road. So I will be enjoying cold air on the dragon run :biggrin: More can be read here http://www.team-integra.net/forum/11-generation-three/237458-car-blowing-only-warm-air-much-warmer-than-outside-temps-no-ac-stock-car.html

Installed my rear Hasport mount and test fitted the other 2 mounts and they fit and look great! I also ordered a new ***** pin and a new shift rod boot from Curry Acura Parts. Not bad for $11 shipped with upgraded shipping. Last time I ordered through them I got the same shipping option which ended up being overnight shipping lol.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
Picked up my engine stand today. I got the 1000lb stand from Harbor Freight for about $50 after tax. Works pretty well and feels alot sturdier than I thought it would be with a motor on it. Worked on tearing apart the old motor for a little bit. Ill probably end up trying to sell the block and the head complete separately.

I forgot the camera at home so all I have is a crummy cell phone pic

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I saw one just like this at Northern Tool and Hydraulic! $65 out the door, which is still a deal! Nice pick up though man.

I am stoked to see this car at Dragon! (and meet ya of course lol)

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
i pick most of my stuff at harbor freight too :D great deals, the coupons are awesome too. i need an engine stand, currently using a makeshift woord stand.

my ls cams are en route your way (washington) to be reground by delta lol

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
i pick most of my stuff at harbor freight too :D great deals, the coupons are awesome too. i need an engine stand, currently using a makeshift woord stand.

my ls cams are en route your way (washington) to be reground by delta lol
Yeah me too. You should check out there stands. The 1000lb stand I got feels pretty sturdy and the price was right.

I saw one just like this at Northern Tool and Hydraulic! $65 out the door, which is still a deal! Nice pick up though man.

I am stoked to see this car at Dragon! (and meet ya of course lol)
$65 isnt bad I think the price for the 1000lb stand is regularly about the same at Harbor Freight but I had a coupon for it.

Yeah I am pretty excited for the Dragon run and to meet everyone and check out cars. Especially since Ill have my new motor in and hopefully running like new.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Good things, man...
I hope all goes well with the installation of the new/replacement engine.
Its a shame your current one was giving troubles. But I think it lends itself & will make for a great gsr engine build for someone.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #419
Good things, man...
I hope all goes well with the installation of the new/replacement engine.
Its a shame your current one was giving troubles. But I think it lends itself & will make for a great gsr engine build for someone.
Yeah me too. Ive been trying to keep everything I am taking off the old motor organized and together. That way when the new motor comes im not scrambling trying to find parts and bolts. I think im doing alright though considering I only have a small one car garage with shelving, a car, engine hoist, loaded engine stand, tools and motor parts.

Today I worked on removing everything off of the old motor that I am keeping. Alternator, half shaft, motor mounts, harness, dizzy, AC bracket and a couple other things.

This weekend my plans are:
*Finish separating the block and head so I can sell them.
*Clean up tranny since it will look out of place mounted on a new fresh motor. Might throw some paint on if needed.
*Clean up the engine bay
*Possibly pick up the new motor but well see

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
So I sold my quad today which is paying for my new motor. I would like to pick up the new motor this weekend but space is kind of limited in the garage so I should probably get rid of my old motor first.

I am planning on ordering a set of BWR cam gears in purple since the ones on the new motor are red Skunk2's which dont match anything in the engine bay. Just waiting on hearing back from BWR on the difference between there "Street" and "Comp" cam gears then I will be placing my order. I will also be ordering a Walbro 255 pump and a set of RC injectors probably 310s. After I order those parts I should be all set part wise.

401 - 420 of 2483 Posts