Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Dont forget that bracket that supports it lol. That can be a pain.
Yeah that bracket is definitely a pain.

So I worked on it more today. The old head gasket didnt look as bad as I thought it would be but ill post a pic of it later. Im guessing that when the previous owner installed the head gasket they reused the old head bolts which you arent suppose to do.

So I just torqued down the head using the new ARP head studs and thats where I left off. Im plan on finishing it up later tonight.

Also I was bored and was gonna check the fitment on the spoiler and it doesnt fit! :icon_twisted:
When you line up the holes on one side it is about 3/4-1inch off. If the spoiler was a little wider it would be perfect. I contacted the company that sold it to me and see what they can do about it

·
Registered
832 Posts
Just got in from the start of the head gasket and MAN is that intake manifold a pain to get out! It seems like I got everything out and disconnected and cant figure out what else is holding it up from coming out. I think I should have enough room to pull the head then that should give me enough room to mess with the IM some more. Ill be starting again tomorrow morning hopefully it will be a little faster
Those bottom stud nuts are a PITA. A wobble head extension makes the job a little bit easier, but it sounds like you have it all back together now.

Good luck on fixing it up man, agree about living in a apartment (it sucks)! Nice choice on the VHT wrinkle RED!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Also ordered a couple cans of VHT wrinkle red paint from Jegs to paint my valve cover. The PO painted the valve cover like a phillipino flag which doesnt work for a white guy like myself lol.
Damn I would have loved to trade VCs with you since I've been thinking about doing just that with my VC (I'm Filipino). Plus I live not too far from you - Kent near the border with Auburn. Unfortunately I have a non-VTEC head. womp womp...

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Alright so just a small update. I got the car running but still im getting a misfire code on cylinders 3 and 4. I decided to swap the injectors around to see if maybe a couple of my injectors were clogged. In the process of doing that I managed to break one of the pintle caps so now ive been kinda stranded without another injector. Im pretty sure I found a set that I am picking up today though.

My next step after that is to troubleshoot the dizzy.

Another weird thing is that my radiator fan still doesnt come on. I leave the car running for 10-15 minutes and it never turns on. The gauge says its not overheating but just seems weird that it doesnt turn on. I know that on alot of cars after it reaches operating temp it tends to turn the fan off and on every couple minutes or so. When I turn on the A/C though both fans turn on. When I jump the coolant temp sensor by the thermostat the fans turn on.

Cant wait till all the issues on the motor are fixed so I can stop messing with it and just have some fun with it for once.:rolleyes:

Enough on the motor though. So I test fitted the front lip and it seemed to fit pretty good. The plastic clips that came with it dont look very sturdy though so Ill probably upgrade to some hardware instead. Overall though I happy with the purchase on the lip. Should like nice after it gets painted.

I finally sent the spoiler back to K2 Motors so Ill be getting my refund for that....and I hope the cost of shipping for sending it back too. Ill probably end up looking for a OEM ITR spoiler if the price is alright. I wouldnt mind a replica as long as the fitment was alright.

·
Banned
343 Posts
Ok sooooo, I must have been out of it or just dumb in my before posts. I mentioned you needed a sedan spoiler thinking your car was a sedan. BUT IT ISNT. haha. But still if it was a coupe spoiler it should have fit fine. DO NOT LOOK FOR A SEDAN SPOILER. I dont know why I thought your car was a sedan haha. Any legit coupe ITR spoiler should work well. Just see what happens with K2 and go from there. Sorry about that misinformation bro.

Try these:

This one is a great deal!

Acura Integra DC2 Spoiler Integra type R DC2 SPOILER Integra SPOILER 2 DOOR | eBay

JDM HONDA ACURA DC2 INTEGRA ITR TYPE R COUPE REAR TRUNK WING SPOILER | eBay

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yeah I know not to look for a sedan spoiler lol. Not sure what had happened but the spoiler was about an inch too short. Called K2 motors and they said it was for a integra coupe and I told them thats what I got and it doesnt fit. So they said to send it back.

Those links you posted were are pretty good deals. If I would have seen those before I bought the replica I would have just done that. If they are still available Friday ill probably pick one up. Its just hard to spend money on exterior looks when the motors not running well. Hopefully its just a clogged injector thats creating the misfire and not something major.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So it looks like I am going to be ordering a ITR spoiler today. I was gonna order one from the links that 96GreenDB sent but they are both in Canada and looks like it will take till late this month early next month till I get the spoiler. I would like to have it sooner than that. Ill probably do some searching today and if I cant find anything at a good price ill just order from one of them.

After that I will just need to find a hatch locally from probably an LS that doesnt come with the spoiler. Also thinking about shaving the emblems on the rear kinda like this

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So im still having issues with the motor. Still getting misfire on 3 and 4. I tried swapping plugs around, injectors around, and the misfire still stays on 3 and 4. Havent really been driving it around. I have no idea what could be causing it. Its getting spark on all the cylinders and wires dont look too bad. Seems like it only misfires when its idling. When driving it doesnt seem to run too bad. Havent really spent time messing with the motor. Also noticed that the coolant hoses were SUPER hard and couldnt squeeze them at all. Could a cracked/warped head or block be causing this issue?
Any ideas?

I ordered my JDM ITR spoiler last weekend and should be getting it today. Thanks to 96GreenDB for the links on the cheap OEM spoilers! I did also get my full reimbursement for the spoiler that I sent back plus the shipping. K2motors doesnt seem like that bad of a site and they stuck with what they promised. Maybe they just got a bad batch of spoilers or something but I wouldnt mind ordering something from them again.

I also picked up a hatch from a LS so I can get that repainted and not have to worry about doing any welding on covering the holes left from my factory spoiler.

I should be picking up the black interior from his car today. Looked like he had everything but the seats and gave me a pretty good deal I just gotta pull the parts myself. Im probably just gonna put it all in storage until I get a chance to install it

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Figured I would do a small update since its been a while.

Not much has changed on the car. Still having issues with the motor which has pretty much made me lose interest on the car. I did get the front bumper, lip and fender painted and is waiting to be installed. My step dad is pretty busy with other projects for this month and probably next month so they will have to wait to get installed. I was using leftover paint from my old teg which was the same color and there wasnt enough to spray all the parts. I will need to buy more paint before I can get the spoiler, hatch and side skirts painted which isnt a big deal since I cant really drive it till the motor issue is fixed.

I did end up picking up the black interior from the guy I bought the hatch from. The only thing missing now is just seats and trunk carpet. I got a pretty good deal and was glad to get everything all at once rather than buy it piece by piece. Took a few hours on a hot sunny day to pull everything but ill be glad once its in.

For the motor I plan on just buying another gsr swap and putting it in. There are alot of issues here and there on this motor and I would rather just pull it for a good running motor. Later down the line I plan on completely rebuilding my current motor and putting it back in. My buddy knows someone who is about to do a K swap on his gsr swapped hatch so ill probably get the motor from him.

Road racing has caught my attention more and more. I think once I get my motor issue fixed I will try and get into that. Seems like alot of fun and something that I will enjoy.

Sorry for the slow build but ill be sure to update the thread when I get a chance.

:beer:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Man! I hate motor issues. I bought a s2000 and it started misfiring and I couldn't figure out why so I sold it and got an integra again. I probably would have kept the s2000 if i wasn't broke at the time and if it hadn't misfired but what are you gonna do about it!?

Hope you motor gets fixed easily and you don't have to spend too much money on a motor swap. If I were you I would have someone rebuild it. It will be cheaper and more reliable and you'll know exactly whats going on under the hood. If you spend big bucks on a swap and it has issues down the road you'll be bummed. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yeah me too. Motor issues suck especially when you get them on a newly purchased vehicle where you dont really get a chance to have any fun.

Today I paid for my new motor. It didnt come with a tranny but mine isnt too bad. Should probably be able to get it installed next week some time.

Also ordered some parts from Honda that will be here Monday.
*OEM ITR torque mounts (Mine are horrible and definitely need replaced)
*OEM ITR spoiler gaskets and nuts
*OEM ITR shift boot (If you need one just order from a dealer online its less than $20 lol. Alot of sites are charging $50!)

I just ordered a OBD2A to OBD1 conversion harness since my new motor is OBD1 should be here Wednesday.

I am really thinking about ordering a Skunk2 intake manifold just because the factory manifold is such a pain to work on and would be a quick install with the motor out. Im still thinking about it but I have heard mixed reviews on installing it on a near stock motor without tuning it first. Any input on this?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So last night I dropped off the car at my buddys house so he could put in the motor since he has a garage. It will probably be done today but its my girlfriend and I's 4 year anniversary so she would probably flip out if I did anything related to cars today lol.

My buddy did tell me that my rear mount is broken so im sure I will have alot of fun with that. Havent really looked into it much but im sure it will be just as fun as pulling off the intake manifold.

On a good note though I got a package today. I love getting packages even if they arent very exciting parts lol.

My missing door pocket for my black interior upgrade.

OEM ITR Shift boot

ITR Spoiler Gasket and hardware

Type R Torque Mounts

Wish I would have thrown an ITR rear mount on the parts list but oh well. Might just replace them all while im at it.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I got my car back from my buddy a few days ago. The motor seems to run pretty good but the idle fluctuates after its warm. Im guessing I have a vacuum leak somewhere since I cleaned the IACV and the FITV yesterday and that didnt help. I will work on that today along with installing my ITR torque mounts.

Last night I got bored and decided I would start cleaning up my extra set of headlights to get ready for the HID retrofit. I was only able to clean up one set but I think they look alot better than they did before.

Before

One set done

I ordered the 3m headlight restoration kit so I dont have to do the inside by hand. Seems like a big pain especially sanding down the 3 lines. They should look good when im done. I will probably order my HID kit and projectors next weekend when I get paid. Im planning on having these ready to install when the front bumper is getting replaced.

Also got these in the mail Thursday.

Thats about it for now.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Good looking headlight restoration! I need to do that to my passenger side. Question. Did you order two Left Sponge Gaskets for the Type R wing?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Coming along nicely. Can't wait to see your projector retro. Which projectors you gonna go with?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Im not too sure I gotta do some research before I order. Im looking for something at a decent price that has a nice cut off. The E55 Maxima ones in the HID retrofit article dont look too bad

21 - 40 of 2483 Posts