Team Integra Forums banner

361 - 380 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Check out innovative mounts. I have the 75a's but they are honestly too much, very stiff and rattle the hell out of everything.
But the duration below (slighty
softer) mine (can't remember which model) would be perfect for you I think. They aren't a bad deal at just over 200 a set as well.

I am referring to the steel mounts not the fancy CNC aluminum ones
Ill have to check them out.

I need to do this to mine as well and from a thread on hondatech it really works. Hey did u have any trouble screwing the bolts back into the rails on the recaros? Mine were really hard to tighten and now my seat slides alittle when taking sharp turns. It kinda feels like its not threading right. Could it be from the loctite or whatever that pink stuff is on the bolts?
This is the DIY that ill be using to clean mine. Should turn out pretty nice even though my seats really arent that bad. It will be nice to know that the seats are clean without JDM sweat and who knows what all over them lol. How To: Clean ITR Seats! (jdm yellow goodness inside =) ) - Honda-Tech

As for the rails no I havent had any issues yet. If I was you I would just pull the seats and take a better look at them.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Been having a small issue with the teg which can be read near the end of this thread http://www.team-integra.net/forum/11-generation-three/112780-car-turns-over-alot-before-turning-2.html

The Mishimoto radiator has been working nicely. I did however have an issue with one of the small pieces that are part of the fan mounting kit. I called Mishimoto and the next day they sent out a replacement part which is pretty nice. I havent received it yet but its nice to know that they have terrific customer service which is one of the main reasons I went with Mishimoto.

I shampooed my Recaro's last weekend which went pretty well. Of course being the type of person I am once I get working on the car I failed to take some after pics before reinstalling them.
:facepalm

Other than the startup issue I have a nice shopping list of small parts that I am planning on ordering pretty soon. Most of my money now is going towards the Dragon Run trip which I should have been saving for but havent. It will definitely be worth it though :biggrin: Still looking for a 98+ rear bumper but everyone around here seems to think they are worth close to $200. Ill give it another week then ill probably just order a brand new one from Honda for $300.

I was talking to one of my buddys last weekend and I am planning on getting my motor rebuilt during winter which seems like a good idea. Planning on going with ITR pistons, cams, upgraded valve train, ARP head studs and a couple other things. Price didnt seem too bad for the extra power plus having a practically new motor. Once I get back from the Dragon that is probably where my money will be going towards. I am definitely open to options though.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
So today I discovered some bad news. I was driving today and stopped at the store went inside then came out and tried to start my car. I cranked it for a few seconds then stopped for a second and tried again then it slowly started up. Drove home on the freeway and went to pull off the freeway and noticed that it was idling pretty low and didnt sound good at all. Got home and pulled it into the garage and started looking around. Opened the dizzy and everything passed the tests.

Decided to check on the plugs and once I pulled the plug wires I noticed that cylinder 1 had a decent amount of condensation in it. Then I pulled the radiator cap and noticed that it was low and that there looks to be a small amount of oil in it. I am pretty sure the head gasket is on its way out. Is there any other things that could be wrong with it that I am overlooking?

If I am pulling the head to do the head gasket I am just going to get the motor rebuilt. It kinda throws a curveball into the plans for the dragon run especially since it is so close. As of right now I am planning on going but wont know for sure until the time gets closer.

Time for a beer :beer:

·
Registered
412 Posts
What?! That sucks man, is it showing signs it needs a full rebuild or do you just want the peace of mind? I'd say why not come but I keep forgetting you're coming from the other side of the country lol. Sorry about this

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
What?! That sucks man, is it showing signs it needs a full rebuild or do you just want the peace of mind? I'd say why not come but I keep forgetting you're coming from the other side of the country lol. Sorry about this
I could probably get by just replacing the head gasket for now but its always burned a little oil but wasnt too bad. If im already replacing the head gasket might as well just go all in and rebuild it. The last thing I want to worry about on the dragon run is motor problems happening.

Ill keep you updated though since im sure you would like to know that you have a place to stay at the dragon run :biggrin:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Haha I mean yeah but I'd rather miss it then you blow your motor on the wrong side of the U.S. lol. I'm also possibly looking at a rebuild soon which will also put some things on standby. We'll see, if you rebuild would you go o.e.m. or go for a little umph?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Same situation I was in man, what started out to be like $700 turned out to be a couple G's... not happy about it but hopefully it'll be a sound motor come tomorrow, really put a huge damper in Dragon money also, hoping i'll be able to bounce back, also looking for a job so I need them to hopefully approve the time I'll be gone. Hope you can get away with not being too much out of pocket.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Take it from me, you don't want to be at Dragon and fixing your car rather than enjoying your vacation. Hopefully no one has to go through what I went through last year that sucked. Wishing you the best friend...

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Haha I mean yeah but I'd rather miss it then you blow your motor on the wrong side of the U.S. lol. I'm also possibly looking at a rebuild soon which will also put some things on standby. We'll see, if you rebuild would you go o.e.m. or go for a little umph?
Yeah I definitely dont want to do that. Im sure it costs a pretty penny to ship a car from NC to WA lol. Planning on adding a little more power. Probably going with ITR cams, upgraded valvetrain, pistons, and a couple more things. Havent put much thought into it yet since I was planning on doing it over winter but I guess the time has come lol.

Same situation I was in man, what started out to be like $700 turned out to be a couple G's... not happy about it but hopefully it'll be a sound motor come tomorrow, really put a huge damper in Dragon money also, hoping i'll be able to bounce back, also looking for a job so I need them to hopefully approve the time I'll be gone. Hope you can get away with not being too much out of pocket.
Money will definitely be tight since I wasnt planning on the cost of a motor plus the trip but I think it will turn out nice in the end

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
You didn't read my post... A COUPLE GRAND!!!! lol. Yeah just make sure you don't rush it man, if you want a nice setup just remember you can't have all three, cheap, fast, reliable. I've shelled out the money so it better be fast and reliable... Just hoping I can bounce back in time to get there, if not I may have to cancel as well. I have confidence that you can make it there, it's just having that piece of mind. I'd say while you're up, look at some specials on websites like jhpusa.com or thmotorsports.com to at least start your pricing to get an idea on what you want. Heck, I'm not working at the moment if you want me to help you let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
You didn't read my post... A COUPLE GRAND!!!! lol. Yeah just make sure you don't rush it man, if you want a nice setup just remember you can't have all three, cheap, fast, reliable. I've shelled out the money so it better be fast and reliable... Just hoping I can bounce back in time to get there, if not I may have to cancel as well. I have confidence that you can make it there, it's just having that piece of mind. I'd say while you're up, look at some specials on websites like jhpusa.com or thmotorsports.com to at least start your pricing to get an idea on what you want. Heck, I'm not working at the moment if you want me to help you let me know.
Oh I seen the couple grand lol which is around what I am planning on spending. JHP is usually always the first place I check for parts, alot of good stuff on there. Im gonna talk with a buddy who knows more about upgrading the internal stuff since I am pretty new when it comes to that stuff. Once I get a better idea of what the plan is for parts ill post it up and you can check it out and let me know if I should change or add something.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I like to make sure to go for the reliability factor first and foremost, this is my daily is the only reason I've been putting so much money into it. But yeah let me know what you're looking to get done and if I can shed any light on it I will. You thinking about going all out or mild or...?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Just mild. The car is already pretty fun to drive so probably just add a little more power while still keeping it reliable. Im planning on spending probably $2000 for the machining and parts then $500 for tuning.

You are going on a posting frenzy lol! I am subscribed to quite a bit of threads and most of the emails are from you posting

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Lol, that's the effects of me picking my car up today, having a nap, and Mountain Dew.

Mild builds can be fun, is it pretty well stock now? also the tuning is that including dyno time + tuning software or what exactly? I think I'm going to end up shying you away from doing this build if I keep talking. But I'd rather give it to you straight that way you know what things you are facing. Also you definitely want supporting mods. Valvetrain is definitely something I would upgrade with an older motor and if you're going to be running a more aggressive cam. Seals, valves, springs, retainers, and it wouldn't hurt to do LMA's. Those elements alone would probably set you back around 700... I'll leave it with just those elements right there to see what you think so far.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
Yeah its pretty much stock right now just boltons. What I have right now is:
*Skunk2 intake manifold
*PLM Toda replica header with 2.5in collector
*BWR 2.5in test pipe
*Tanabe hyper medallion exhaust 2.5in piping
*K&N air filter
*Chipped P28 with Crome

I think thats it performance wise. For the tuning it does include dyno time. I am planning on upgrading the cams so upgrading the valvetrain was going to be done as well. When I talked to my buddy a couple weeks ago I think the plan was ITR or Skunk2 pro stage 1 cams, dont remember what he said for the upgraded valvetrain but he included it in our estimated price, ITR pistons, new OEM rings, ARP head studs, and OEM head gasket. Im probably forgetting stuff but when we talked I wasnt expecting on doing it this soon.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Might be right on budget. Doing a complete rebuild? Bearings/block hone/stock bore? Always calculate in the machine shop if they are doing the work for you.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
Yeah im pretty sure that stuff was included in there. When I get a more official list together though ill be sure to post it and see what everyone thinks before I start spending. Thanks! This is definitely new territory for me and I just want to make sure its done right and with the right parts.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Agreed. Well, I think it's time for me to hit the hay. Got a big day tomorrow, good luck with getting that list man, and as SOON as you find it post it up.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #379
So Ive been texting my buddy back and forth. Hes got an ITR motor that hes been working on for a while now but he needs the money due to having a kid on the way. The price he gave me is about right for what I wanted to spend. How does this sound? Is there any questions I should ask him?

Head
Black nitride coating flat face valves for higher compression
dual valve spring and retainers
stock porting since its a 98+ and came like that from the factory
CTR cams
Skunk2 cam gears
Victor X manifold
70mm throttle body
OEM head gasket sprayed with copper spray
ARP head studs

Block

The crank got micro polished
New Eagle rods
New 81mm je pistons 12.1 compression
All new seals
New ACL bearings
The block got honed/decked and cleaned
New OEM oil cooler

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
um YESSS!

On a more serious note.. 12:1 is probably a no go on pump gas (especially since you are driving across the country this summer, not all places offer 93, some only 91). Swapping the pistons to get back to 11:1 would be ideal.

Also that intake shifts the powerband super high in the RPM range. An OEM R or Skunk2 mani might be better suited, and a smaller TB. Not sure on the difference between CTR and ITR cams but I can't imagine it being huge (big enough to want to change them out).

361 - 380 of 2483 Posts