Team Integra Forums banner

321 - 340 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Alright so next on my to do list is more paint. I am planning on repainting my front lip, side skirts and locating a 98-01 rear bumper. We already have paint and supplies left from the last parts we painted so it wont cost me anything more than just a bumper. The hardest part is going to find a 98+ rear bumper in decent condition which people are asking close to $200 for a used one around here which is pretty steep. I looked up the price for a brand new bumper from Honda shipped comes out to around $300 which is what I might end up doing. If all goes well though I should be able to locate a bumper by next weekend and begin prepping the parts for paint.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
So I ordered my parts for the cooling system. I had trouble finding a dealer that actually had the Mishimoto radiator in stock. Tried ordering through 3 different dealers and all of them were out of stock. Even had trouble just finding the 12in Mishimoto fan which took a couple dealers but I finally got everything ordered. I picked up the radiator from the user Beater who had a brand new one that he was selling so I drove down to Portland and picked it up.

I also ordered a hose from Honda which connects to the intake manifold since mine is VERY soft and scares me everytime I look at it lol. More can be found here. I was pretty amazed at how fast I got the hose and for how cheap it was. For $4.26 I got the hose with overnight shipping to my house which is pretty amazing! I had no idea that the upgraded shipping for 70 cents was overnight shipping lol. CurryAcuraParts.com :thumbs_up:

I should have the Mishimoto hose kit and fan by next weekend so thats when I am planning on installing everything.

Updated Pre-Dragon purchasing checklist that I made back in November:
From now until the trip I plan on:
*Have Koni/GC suspension installed - DONE
*ASR subframe brace/ITR sway bar - DONE
*Lower control arms - Probably just keep stock for now
*Upgrade to full size aluminum Mishimoto radiator - Parts Ordered
*Wire up the cruise control (A MUST) - Still needs to be done
*Header and high flow cat - DONE
*Definitely do a full tuneup right before the trip - Waiting until right before the trip
*New O2 sensor - DONE
*Get a Canon Rebel T3I
*Get a GoPro Hero 3

Next purchase should be Recaros followed by ITR rear seats :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
So today there was a local Honda-Tech meet at Pacific Raceways which was a blast! Seen a ton of sick cars and some pretty good drags. I think they said there was about 1500 cars that showed up. Anyways so before the meet I met up with my buddy (the one selling the Recaros) and told him that I would pick them up next pay day and he said that I could pick them up now if I wanted to. So about 10 minutes later they were installed in my car. :biggrin:

Overall they are pretty mint just need cleaned since theres a couple spots where something got spilled but nothing a good shampooing cant fix. I really wanted the black version but its hard to find a set not to mention near impossible to find a set of black ones in this condition for a decent price. As for the feel of the seats they are a major change compared to the stock ones.

I also picked up a "I heart my Honda" static cling from the dealership for $4.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Woot woot! Looks goodd man, I really like those seats. I always wondered how they look with CGP. I am jealous of your black interior, I need to get on that bandwagon lol

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
Woot woot! Looks goodd man, I really like those seats. I always wondered how they look with CGP. I am jealous of your black interior, I need to get on that bandwagon lol
Ill takes some better pics when I can so you can see it better with the CGP.

Yeah you are definitely missing out! The black interior completely changes the feel. Just start collecting parts and just set a weekend to install everything. The best thing to do is to find someone parting out a car like I did. I think I got the almost complete black interior without seats and just missing a couple small things for about $150 and a few hours to pull it.

Nice find, those seats definitely add a good amount of zazz to the interior. I've always wanted to drive a car with some to compare the difference
They are definitely different. After sitting in the Recaros for a little bit I went and sat in my buddys teg that has stock seats and it felt like I was sitting on a bench seat of a pickup truck lol. They just felt very flat and didnt hold you in at all. Ill let you test them out at the Dragon :wink:

Welcome to Recaro-land ! .... fantastic seats.... i love mine
I love mine too! The last thing I need to do is replace my rear seats since they are still tan cloth. One of my friends has an EG hatch with MINT ITR rear seats that ive been trying to talk him out of for probably 6 months now lol. Ill probably give it another month until I break down and just order a set online.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Wow dude, your new seats look great in there! Looking forward to seeing the pic's.
:thumbs_up:
Just wondering... any particular reason why you were looking for the Black ones over the Red ones?

imo, the Red Recaro's stand out nicely in CGP;
I'd like the red ones to go along with my CGP/Red color theme.

Enjoy!
:beer:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
Wow dude, your new seats look great in there! Looking forward to seeing the pic's.
:thumbs_up:
Just wondering... any particular reason why you were looking for the Black ones over the Red ones?

imo, the Red Recaro's stand out nicely in CGP;
I'd like the red ones to go along with my CGP/Red color theme.

Enjoy!
:beer:
I dont know Ive just always liked the black ones and would match the interior a little better. The thing I like about the red ones is that when they fade its alot less obvious than the black ones. The red is growing on me though. :biggrin:

Heres a couple quick pics I took. Ill take some more this weekend.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Yesss! ^^ Those look very good, I want.

And yes that is by far what I miss most about my old white Teg, the black interior was perfect. All it needed was a set of Recaros.

I thought the red and CGP would end up being "Christmas-y" lol. but I was wrong, that looks awesome. I have always liked the black ones more but they seem to be way harder to find than the red and more $.

Stoked for Dragon man and I love the new rad.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
I thought the red and CGP would end up being "Christmas-y" lol
kinda like Koni Yellows and GC/Eibach setups are called "McDonald's"-y

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
Just received my Mishimoto fan and fan mounting kit today all thats left is my hose kit which is set to come in on Wednesday. Looks like Friday will be the install day for the radiator.

I might also pull out the Recaros and clean them up using this DIY. Had quite a few good before and after pics in the thread.
How To: Clean ITR Seats! (jdm yellow goodness inside =) ) - Honda-Tech

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #338
It doesn't take all that for the shape yours are in

Spray bottle with 50% water, 50% woolite is all you need
Yeah ill probably just go over the whole seat quickly then work on the few dirty spots that remain. Shouldnt take long at all and should clean up nicely.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
321 - 340 of 2483 Posts