Team Integra Forums banner

301 - 320 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
So ive been thinking about what I wanna do next to my car. What I got planned is upgrading my radiator to a Mishimoto. I found a site that sells the regular Mishimoto radiator for less than $200 plus shipping and also the X-line version for $250 plus shipping. The X-line radiator is apparently 25% larger than the regular and is also triple core compared to the regular dual core. Im not sure which route I will go yet since I havent seen much info or reviews on the X-line. Ill have to do some measuring before I place my order and see how much extra space I got between my header and radiator. At the same time I will also be ordering the Mishimoto hoses and a fan.

The next thing I want to buy is a set of JDM ITR Recaros. After I upgraded my sway bar it made it more obvious how much the factory seats suck. The bolsters just arent big enough and it seems like I have to focus more on keeping myself in the seat rather than the car on the road. I would like a set of black ones but havent seen any in good condition. The black ones seem to fade weird on the sides and are more obvious than the reds plus alot harder to find. My buddy a pretty clean set of red ones that he is trying to sell that I might pick up later on if I cant find a clean set of black ones.

Work is kinda slow right now since we are in between projects but we are about to be VERY busy soon. Hopefully I can cross one of these of the list within a few weeks.

:beer:

Also I am planning on booking our cabin for the Dragon Run tomorrow! Cant wait till August :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
So ive been thinking about what I wanna do next to my car. What I got planned is upgrading my radiator to a Mishimoto. I found a site that sells the regular Mishimoto radiator for less than $200 plus shipping and also the X-line version for $250 plus shipping. The X-line radiator is apparently 25% larger than the regular and is also triple core compared to the regular dual core. Im not sure which route I will go yet since I havent seen much info or reviews on the X-line. Ill have to do some measuring before I place my order and see how much extra space I got between my header and radiator. At the same time I will also be ordering the Mishimoto hoses and a fan.

The next thing I want to buy is a set of JDM ITR Recaros. After I upgraded my sway bar it made it more obvious how much the factory seats suck. The bolsters just arent big enough and it seems like I have to focus more on keeping myself in the seat rather than the car on the road. I would like a set of black ones but havent seen any in good condition. The black ones seem to fade weird on the sides and are more obvious than the reds plus alot harder to find. My buddy a pretty clean set of red ones that he is trying to sell that I might pick up later on if I cant find a clean set of black ones.

Work is kinda slow right now since we are in between projects but we are about to be VERY busy soon. Hopefully I can cross one of these of the list within a few weeks.

:beer:

Also I am planning on booking our cabin for the Dragon Run tomorrow! Cant wait till August :biggrin:
I have read a few places (I wish I could find where, or "why" exactly) that the dual core Mishimoto rad was better than the triple.. I'll look around for it. But I fully support the notion of getting a full rad now. Especially with that trek you are making for the Dragon lol

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Yeah if you find it let me know. I would love to hear the reasoning behind it. A upgraded radiator is a must when crossing the country in the middle of summer
I believe it has to do with more air being able to pass through the dual core, vs. the triple. Plus a full size, double core aluminum rad with two fans (shrouds as well) will be damn hard to "overheat".. With a B series. What kills it is the A/C condenser sitting right in front with its TINY fins. Another reason why maybe an extra core wouldn't help much.

EDIT: I toyed with the idea of a remote mount condenser.. lol, to put it somewhere out of the front grill. Not cost affective at all ha, but it would certainly help the high HP with A/C dudes.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Yeah that makes sense. Ill probably just go with the 2 core radiator and call it good. Im only getting one fan though since my header is in the way on the drivers side.
That is a solid set up. The only thing I would add is a fan (pusher) on the driver's side of the condenser. It will help out the A/C, and even the rad too.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
So weve been getting constant rain here. It doesnt bother me much during the week when Im working but on the weekends its gotta be nice out! Nothing like sitting at home doing nothing because its raining. I did change my oil today though.

Went with the Valvoline 5-30 Max Life again and a fresh OEM oil filer. I am glad that my magnetic drain plug didnt catch anything so thats a plus.

When I got this motor it had alot of sludge built up on the head so I am hoping that it is slowly getting cleaner with every oil change. I am planning on getting my valve cover repainted soon so hopefully it will look cleaner than it did last time I swapped them.

Also I got my cabin booked for the Dragon Run so at least thats something to look forward too :biggrin:

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you want a good cleaner oil dump in some pennzoil platinum or ultra.

Also I am a big fan of BG moa. A great oil additive that has a lot of zinc and anti corrosives.

Also completly eliminates the cold start engine tap that happens in the b series.

I would shy away from these "high mileage" oils as they have seal swellers in them which can cause more problems after you switch to a different oil.

I would do 2-3 change intervals with the pennzoil and BG, and then use strictly honda genuine synthetic blend. The synthetic blend has all of the goodness of a synthetic but has the flow rate of a conventional which is much more suited to a 100k + mile engine.

My b18c1 has 130k miles on it and does not burn or leak a drop of oil. It seems to seal perfectly (piston rings, valve seals) in the engine. A+ stuff if you ask me!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Nice job on the rear suspension.
:thumbs_up:
I agree, I love the feel of the sway bar/ASR brace upgrade around the turns.

funny, i was also looking into either the Koyo or Mishimoto Rad's. Havent decided yet.
Great looking build. keep it up.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
Nice job on the rear suspension.
:thumbs_up:
I agree, I love the feel of the sway bar/ASR brace upgrade around the turns.

funny, i was also looking into either the Koyo or Mishimoto Rad's. Havent decided yet.
Great looking build. keep it up.
Thanks! As for the radiator you couldnt go wrong with either one of those. Ive just been drawn towards the Mishimoto because there seems to be a bit more reviews on it plus its a little cheaper from what I have seen.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I have a CX Racing radiator (half size), and I have zero complainants. It is also half the price of a Mishi or Koyo. The full size version is nice as well, I know a few friends with them.

Just some 2 cents info.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
Just went through this build and, amazing work! So glad to see cars come back to life. Can't wait to see more updates!
Thanks!

So today I decided that I would modify my factory strut bar to work with the extended top hats. It wasnt too bad to modify just do some trimming with the dremel and a quick coat of paint to finish it off. I also repainted my plug cover with a different purple which was a little lighter. Still havent gotten around to repainting my valve cover yet but hopefully in a couple weeks if it gets nicer out.

I will also be ordering my Mishimoto radiator, hose kit and fan on Wednesday :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
clean that engine bay
Yeah ive been meaning to get around to that lol. Its amazing how much dirtier it looks in the pics. Hopefully in the next couple weeks it wont be raining and ill have a chance to clean it. Already got the purple power and a scrub brush to do the job. :biggrin:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Be CAREFUL with any non/ low diluted degreasers.

They can strip the gloss right from paint or take it off completely.

It can also turn plastic and rubber white.

I would only spray the degreaser on the engine/ trans and use a dishsoap solution on the rest.

Dishsoap and water works wonders and is 100% safe for everything.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I do have a build thread, it's under my 96GreenDB name. That account got banned because I asked my girlfriend to post an extra iPhone for sale on the different forums I was on and forgot that team integra doesn't have a misc FS section. Only integra related stuff, so I got banned instantly even though I PM'd a mod and emailed explaining the situation. Basically I feel it was unfair for a ban on that with no prior issues as I am a regular user who shares info and participates and has a 100% seller feedback. Lame but whatever, having to start fresh I guess.

Car is looking great though man, my next investment is some more suspension stuff. Really wanting to do front and rear ITR sways and replace all my bushings and wheel bearings. I'm surprised they aren't bad yet with 265k on the car lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

301 - 320 of 2483 Posts