Team Integra Forums banner

261 - 280 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Did you do anything to prep the rims for painting? (sanding, etc). Very nice build!
The only thing I did was wipe them down with a cloth to get the dirt off then just sprayed them. I didnt wanna sand since I wasnt sure if I wanted to keep them black or if I wanted to go with the gunmetal and polished lip. Im planning on painting them black when the plasti dip fails.

nice build mang, I wish i live in the USA, parts would be so much cheaper LOL
Yeah all those border taxes really add up

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dr Mix ;

Like the way you are putting the personal touch on your Teg ! The thread Title (PlatstiDipped Rims) doesn't quite describe everything you have done by a long shot ... pretty misleading ! I like the way you tackle new things ... No Fear but eyes wide open anticipating the problems Before they happen ! :beer: Here is to more speed under control !

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Dr Mix ;

Like the way you are putting the personal touch on your Teg ! The thread Title (PlatstiDipped Rims) doesn't quite describe everything you have done by a long shot ... pretty misleading ! I like the way you tackle new things ... No Fear but eyes wide open anticipating the problems Before they happen ! :beer: Here is to more speed under control !
Yeah thanks! I try to update the title when I do something new to the car for anyone who may be following along.

I am pretty happy with how she is turning out though. I think she is about ready to be able to rock a TI decal. Wouldnt have felt comfortable putting a TI decal on the car when I first got it. Probably get them ordered tomorrow. :biggrin:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just sat here and read your entire thread. Pretty awesome transformation you went through. Kinda makes me want to make a build thread of mine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The only thing I did was wipe them down with a cloth to get the dirt off then just sprayed them. I didnt wanna sand since I wasnt sure if I wanted to keep them black or if I wanted to go with the gunmetal and polished lip. Im planning on painting them black when the plasti dip fails.

Yeah all those border taxes really add up
Nice to know it was easy :) Hopefully I'll be able to paint my blades this summer.

Very nice build. Have fun on those mountain twisties !

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
So today I got my reverse LED's. Decided to take some pics especially from the interior with the new tint. I took them in the garage since it was still sunny out when I installed them.

All these pics were taken with the same settings on the camera and with just the reverse lights on (no brake lights or tail lights)

Before:

From the interior with 20% tint

One new LED and one old incandescent

New LED's

From the interior with 20% tint

These will definitely help when it comes to reversing at night and also let people be aware of me.

Just in case anyone was wondering here is where I bought them from.
2pc 1156 BA15S "Brightest" R5 CREE Projector Back Up Reverse SMD LED Bulbs White | eBay
When I ordered them they were only $15.98 a pair which was about a week ago. I am sure you can make them an offer and probably save a few bucks since they just raised there price $4.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
So I am planning on taking the AC out of my car. Mostly due to the fact that I dont use it, the hard lines are a pain to work around plus its just extra weight. I already had to remove the 2nd fan when I installed my header and also havent had the AC belt on since I got my motor installed.

I found a place that would empty the system for $30 which doesnt seem bad at all. From what I have heard freon is horrible for the ozone layer and just messy when the system is emptied the wrong way.

Planning on getting the freon emptied this week (if I get off work early enough this week) so I can pull everything out this weekend.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
So I installed my steering wheel yesterday and so far I like it. The only thing I dont like about the wheel is that it is a deep wheel so the wheel itself sits out farther than I would like. I am planning on getting a Personal wheel to replace the current one which looks like it will sit more like the stock wheel. Ill take some pics tomorrow. I am enjoying the added layer of protection using the NRG quick lock. I wired up the horn so the only thing I need to do now is wire in the cruise control which will come in handy for the Dragon Run next year.

I also found a plug cover and repainted it silver which I will probably install tomorrow. I would have already done it but I was missing the nuts for it which I snatched up at the wrecking yard yesterday.

Then today we finished doing our planning for the dragon run next year. We will be getting to NC Thursday night then stay till Sunday. If you are planning a road trip I highly recommend myscenicdrives.com. It lets you plan out your whole trip and even lets you export the itinerary to Google Maps, TomTom, Garmin and some others. Heres a screen shot of our plans so far.

Total of 6,565 miles
about 117 hours 35 minutes of driving
11 day trip
about $764.17 of fuel (at 30 mpg)

So far for cool places to visit we have:
*Mount Rushmore in SD

*Carlsbad Cavern in NM
*Roswell NM
*Grand Canyon in AZ
* VEGAS!
*Crater Lake in OR

Probably add some more stops but its a pretty good start. Its 10 months away but I am already excited!:biggrin:

From now until the trip I plan on:
*Have Koni/GC suspension installed
*ASR subframe brace/ITR sway bar
*Lower control arms
*Upgrade to full size aluminum Mishimoto radiator
*Wire up the cruise control (A MUST)
*Header and high flow cat
*Definitely do a full tuneup right before the trip
*New O2 sensor
*Get a Canon Rebel T3I
*Get a GoPro Hero 3
I know I'm a bit late on the thread, but looks like its going to be a blast. I'm in the Lexington, KY, and there are some phenomenal roads around here too. Let me know if you need a garage in the area, or want to meet up on my way down. I'm def planning on heading down this year myself.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
I know I'm a bit late on the thread, but looks like its going to be a blast. I'm in the Lexington, KY, and there are some phenomenal roads around here too. Let me know if you need a garage in the area, or want to meet up on my way down. I'm def planning on heading down this year myself.
Yeah definitely. Hopefully there wont be any issues with our cars but theres always that chance when your driving cross country

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
You may want to wait until post-Dragon to remove the A/C... you're going to hit some hot/sticky weather in that round trip you are planning (especially pointing out driving through Texas in mid-August with no A/C would be monumental levels of suckage)

as for removing freon, i can tell you that the way to NOT empty the system is to pop off the hard line from the dryer... holy cow my friend and I created a huge mess a few weeks ago

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
You may want to wait until post-Dragon to remove the A/C... you're going to hit some hot/sticky weather in that round trip you are planning (especially pointing out driving through Texas in mid-August with no A/C would be monumental levels of suckage)

as for removing freon, i can tell you that the way to NOT empty the system is to pop off the hard line from the dryer... holy cow my friend and I created a huge mess a few weeks ago
Yeah I was thinking about that but I think I can manage without it. I do definitely plan on upgrading my radiator to a mishimoto before the trip though.

I read your posts on your build thread and definitely dont want to have to deal with anything like that. Id rather just pay the $30 and have no surprises when it comes to removing it :biggrin:

261 - 280 of 2483 Posts