Team Integra Forums banner

2421 - 2440 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,421
Been quite a while since I posted an update. We got our new house and absolutely love it. Been spending my free time getting the house stuff all setup.

Just yesterday I was able to finally get started on getting the garage sorted out. This garage is a bit smaller than my old one so I will have to work more on conserving space. I plan on getting a decent sized shed for the back yard to store large things that I rarely use like the lawnmower, shop press, engine hoist and stand along with other items. Our new house came with all appliances so I have a spare washer and dryer taking up space until someone buys those.

Here is what I started out with:

Going to work on the garage more today so well see how much room I can free up.

I ordered a drag wing for the teg from CCC Racing this morning for their Black Friday sale. They had a 30% off coupon for aluminum wings while the wrapped wing coupon was only good for 15% off. Ill just have to wrap it myself but it came out to only $182 shipped which was nice. Once I get this mounted off comes the ITR spoiler. Next to buy is a set of skinnies before spring time comes around. Hoping the skinnies and wing will pick me up a few mph in the quarter.

Also stopped by SpeedFactory this morning and picked up a tshirt and banner for the garage for their sale. They were out of banners until Monday so I will have to swing by and pick it up after work then.

Tshirt

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,422
Picked up my SpeedFactory banner today. Looks pretty awesome and heavy duty! Turned in the keys for our old house today so now I can focus on the new house and get my garage all organized.

Received my package from CCC Racing on Monday. Unfortunately they mixed my order up with somebody else and I received a sunroof delete plug instead. Not very happy with them so far, here is how my communication with them has been:
-Called them Monday evening when I got home from work and realized that I didnt receive the correct part. He said they were getting ready to close up for the day (understandable since they are 3 hours ahead for me) but to send him pictures and he would get back to me. Sent him pictures.
-Called them Tuesday on my lunch since I hadnt heard anything back after sending in the pictures. Talked with him and said that he needed my order number to look up my order information so I gave him that and he said that he would look it up and give me a call back. Didnt hear back from him.
-Called today when I had a second, no answer. Work was super busy so I couldnt call back but I didnt get a call back from them.

You would think that a small company like that would be keeping in constant contact trying to fix the issue but they are not. Im not sure if they are waiting to see if the customer who received my wing is going to call and let them know his order was wrong or what (which I highly doubt it since a wing costs 3x-4x the price of a sunroof plug). Planning on just calling them tomorrow and having them either ship me what I ordered or just cancelling my order. The right thing for them would be to just ship me another one and they can either cut their losses with the other wing or try to contact the customer and get it back but im not waiting for all that to happen. Ill keep you guys posted on what happens.

·
Super Moderator
14,174 Posts
So irritating when you have to do the chasing instead of them handling things as the should.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,424 (Edited)
Just randomly checked craigslist yesterday and found a brand new pair of M&H skinnies in the exact size I was planning on ordering so I picked them up.

Got the pair for $180 with tubes.

Do most people run tubes in their skinnies? I know with slicks some people do and some dont but what about skinnies?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,425 (Edited)
Went ahead and removed my ITR wing. Alot harder than I thought it would be. It took probably 10 minutes of prying at the wing to get it off.

I couldnt find any painters tape and I was by myself so I didnt want to risk scratching up the car to test fit the drag wing. Ill probably give that a shot tomorrow.

So I was checking my email and got an email from Ecliptech that their new Shift-P2 shift light setup had been released. Been waiting months for this so I went ahead and placed my order. Since I was on the waiting list for it to be released they were offering a 27% discount for a limited time.

https://ecliptech.com.au/shift-p2/

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,427
always liked the first version back then but never pulled the trigger on it...this new version looks nice
Same here. I seen the videos of them and always wanted one but they had stopped making them before i could get one. The new version looks way better though.
Here is the link to the store that has the prices. I believe i got the shift-p2+ for $195 in Australian currency which after tax and shipping came out to $170ish USD.
https://ecliptech.com.au/product-category/shift-p2/

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,430
Drmix, would you consider the Percision 5531 a small or larger sized turbo? Also, does it spool up very fast?

I'm aiming for just over 300 whp, and want to use a quality turbo.
I would consider it a mid sized turbo. The 5531 is rated for 520hp.

Im not good at picking out turbo sizes. There are just so many variables to think about when selecting a turbo which is why I had SpeedFactory help me choose which one was best for my application. I would recommend contacting a reputable shop that specializes in building Honda and other imports and see what they recommend. You could also contact Precision and see what they say.

I think the 5531 would be a little overkill for your build and that a smaller turbo would probably give you a more enjoyable powerband. What you will be using the car for (drag racing, daily/street car, autox) also goes into selecting the right turbo.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would consider it a mid sized turbo. The 5531 is rated for 520hp.

Im not good at picking out turbo sizes. There are just so many variables to think about when selecting a turbo which is why I had SpeedFactory help me choose which one was best for my application. I would recommend contacting a reputable shop that specializes in building Honda and other imports and see what they recommend. You could also contact Precision and see what they say.

I think the 5531 would be a little overkill for your build and that a smaller turbo would probably give you a more enjoyable powerband. What you will be using the car for (drag racing, daily/street car, autox) also goes into selecting the right turbo.
Thanks, I appreciate the input

·
Registered
569 Posts
I cant clear 13s in the front with the mini cooper/ITR setup. Just curious but how much does the rear skinnies with tires weigh? What slick setup do you plan on running next?
for your curiosity...the rear bogart flylite skinnies weighed 20lbs each with tire. Got around to weighing them yesterday lol

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,433
for your curiosity...the rear bogart flylite skinnies weighed 20lbs each with tire. Got around to weighing them yesterday lol
Awesome! Im still looking for a decent setup. I have been on those Facebook groups but it seems like everyone wants to charge pretty close to retail for their used sets of wheels. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying used when you have to pay for shipping on top of that when I could just order them brand new through a site that offers free shipping.

So far I think I will be going with Welds unless I find a good deal on a used set of something else. Those Weld 1 piece wheels are only like 8lbs :biggrin:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Awesome! Im still looking for a decent setup. I have been on those Facebook groups but it seems like everyone wants to charge pretty close to retail for their used sets of wheels. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying used when you have to pay for shipping on top of that when I could just order them brand new through a site that offers free shipping.

So far I think I will be going with Welds unless I find a good deal on a used set of something else. Those Weld 1 piece wheels are only like 8lbs :biggrin:
i saw a guy on HT that were selling some close to new 13x10 welds for 600...only thing is hes located in France LOL

For the facebook forums just keep browsing consistently if you have time. There is always someone who posts a deal that goes quick!

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,436
if you dont mind 13x8 welds there is a killer deal at Jegs! for the 4" backspacing ones...dunno if itll clear your setup...prolly need to run spacers

Weld Racing Magnum Import Drag Gold Finish Wheels | JEGS
Thanks for the heads up but I am pretty set on 13x10. It might be a little overkill for my current setup but I plan on sleeving the motor and going for more power probably in a year or so and want to go pretty wide on the front. Thats a pretty good deal though.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just FYI...if you are looking for front 24.5x9.5x13 slicks Tri-State Motorsports OnlineTSM.com has the best pricing right now with their 10% off (last day is tomorrow). $379.80 for the pair plus free shipping! Just got myself some :)

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,438
Just FYI...if you are looking for front 24.5x9.5x13 slicks Tri-State Motorsports OnlineTSM.com has the best pricing right now with their 10% off (last day is tomorrow). $379.80 for the pair plus free shipping! Just got myself some :)
Thats a really good price! Thanks for the heads up. Im not sure if ill be able to swing it but ill see what i can do.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,439
Well its been a pretty rough few weeks. My girlfriend of 8.5 years and I broke up so ive been kinda of slacking on getting the teg stuff going again. We just bought our house in November so I will be paying that by myself now which will put a damper on the teg build. I was thinking about just skipping on the teg this season and taking care of other things....but I dont think I could do that especially once the weather starts warming up.

The plan is to start buying the stuff that I REALLY need so I can take my car to the track which would be working on my trailer. The trailer needs to have the deck replaced which shouldnt be too bad. I also need to register the trailer now which will be the hardest part. When I bought the trailer it didnt come with a title so I will need to go through a state patrol inspection first so it can get a VIN number. I wasnt worried about this before because I lived 4 minutes from the track but now I am about an 45-60 minutes away so I will need to get it registered. I have all the paperwork stuff taken care of and I read through the trailer safety requirements and just need to add brakes. The rear axle currently has brakes but I am required to have all axles with brakes. Instead of just doing the one axle I will replace all the hubs and brakes so that I will be good to go all around. When I rewired the trailer last summer I made sure to leave a loop of wiring at the other axle to make it easy later on.

I need to do some measuring tomorrow to see which size hub I need but I think I will just need 2 of these:
Trailer 5 on 4.5 Hub Drum Kits with 10"X2-1/4" Electric brakes for 3500 lbs axle | eBay

ATI damper will be after that. I wish I would have bought it earlier but better late than never.

I have my rim choice narrowed down to the Weld Magnums or the Nitro Star Eights.
Weld Magnum Import Drag Wheels 13x10 ? Dynamic Performance Racing

Nitro Performance Star Eight 13 inch Honda Drag Wheels ? Dynamic Performance Racing
I am just waiting to hear back from Dynamic Performance on the weights for the Star Eights. Cant seem to find them anywhere online. I am leaning towards the Star Eights since they will be slightly cheaper all around just because the one piece Weld rear rims are like $1200 for a pair. Just need to see which is lighter.

Also decided to reactivate my Facebook account after like 4 years lol. Add me https://www.facebook.com/justin.larson.184

2421 - 2440 of 2483 Posts