Team Integra Forums banner

2141 - 2160 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks Josh! Drag racing is very much alive in our area. Fortunately for me, the SpeedFactory shop (which is the shop I use for anything) is nearby so drag racing has always been popular where I have lived. When you get to watch and see 1500+whp Honda's on the track at every event its hard not to get influenced.

https://www.speedfactoryracing.net/race-team/

Lucky for me. the track I go to (Pacific Raceways) is just a few minutes away from my house. For only $40 a day anyone can bring their car to the track and have a full day of fun.

Ever since I went to my first test and tune session I was hooked. I love being able to open the car up and push it to its limits without any worries of cops or other cars on the road (street racing :thumbs_down:). Being able to see what all the countless hours I have spent building the car/saving for parts/researching has gotten me. After making a pass and heading back to the pits to review logs and dial the car in to go just a little faster on the next one. I just love everything about the sport and dont see me losing any interest in it anytime soon.

Im really excited to be running slicks next season :biggrin:

Then envy is real. In the "cali sun," these luxuries are being stripped one by one. They just sealed the deal to close another prominent track for an outdoor mall. :frown:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,144
Then envy is real. In the "cali sun," these luxuries are being stripped one by one. They just sealed the deal to close another prominent track for an outdoor mall. :frown:
I feel sorry for people that live in Cali who are car enthusiast. I think the main reason tracks are disappearing is because of the strict emission laws.

Its near impossible to build a DD/track car in Cali. In order to build a car you either have to build it using only Carb approved parts (not fun, usually costs more than other parts, and less effective), or have a dedicated track only car. This by itself makes it very expensive and difficult for the average person to join the sport.

·
Registered
443 Posts
:< lame, yep the struggle is real man but at least we still have the canyons! : D
Where in soulcal do you live if you don't mind me asking?

I feel sorry for people that live in Cali who are car enthusiast. I think the main reason tracks are disappearing is because of the strict emission laws.

Its near impossible to build a DD/track car in Cali. In order to build a car you either have to build it using only Carb approved parts (not fun, usually costs more than other parts, and less effective), or have a dedicated track only car. This by itself makes it very expensive and difficult for the average person to join the sport.
Or, you know, just say f*ck the law lol
Plenty of people do, it's just a little annoying (no, really ****ing annoying my case) for the smog test every other year; it's manageable though.

·
Registered
588 Posts

Very true. Can't be uber fast without sacrificing emissions. I think that's why I'm pushing myself so hard towards road racing. If need be I could still wing an emissions test. LOL

:< lame, yep the struggle is real man but at least we still have the canyons! : D
Where in soulcal do you live if you don't mind me asking?
Yes we do thank goodness. I don't mind, I live in fontana, work in pomona.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,150

·
Registered
664 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
And be sure to get the Type-R kit and not the GSR one (no matter what brand you choose).. the fronts are the same but the rears are an extra inch, that extra slack helps a lot

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,153
Its been a while since I posted an update to this (guess that is a good thing lol).

I had the car on jackstand in "hibernation mode" for the last month or so up until last weekend. Last Saturday, SpeedFactory had a toy drive/meet at their shop so I drove the teg to that (forgot how much fun the teg was). The car ran great but I believe my drivers rear caliper is dragging slightly. Havent looked too much into it yet but I will start with checking the e-brake tension and make sure the cable isnt too tight.

Received my order from Eat Sleep Race. They had a pretty good sale so I couldnt resist. I got 4 T-shirts and banner for around $60 shipped.

My favorite lol

Sold my Ruckus a couple weeks ago so I have the money to get a car trailer now. Im not really in a rush to go pick it up quite yet since it will just be sitting in the driveway until it gets nicer outside. Ill probably pick it up in another month or so.
Bulldog Trailers

Still need to order 2 more rims for my slicks. Probably try and do that next month also so I can get the slicks mounted and have those ready.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Didnt see that until just now lol. Did you go with the 15x7 or 15x8?

I love them. Super light, strong and cheap. Its rare to have all 3 in one wheel.
15x7. For sure, and they look great.

Yeah, I saw your teg with them and I asked what you had. I needed new rims and tires...so the rest is history lol.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm pretty surprised nobody is repping rpf1s around here, but those advantis are way cheaper and imo look better too.
Wonder what everyone will think of my no name wheels, they look alright but I feel like they're heavy as **** haha

2141 - 2160 of 2483 Posts