Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is my situation.

I have the revhard stage II kit (T3/4 ar/.60). I am NOT going to use the FMU, missing link, check valves...ect. I am installing the kit and driving the car about 1 hour to DSR in San Jose to get my Hondata s200/boost installed and dyno tuned. I plan on running my stock injectors untill i get to DSR, then switching them out for my 550cc's and Hondata.

How should i get there??? A, B, or C

A: Drive like a granny and try not to take the car into boost. Is this possible???? WIll this throw any CEL's if i don't hit boost?

B: disconnect the uper charge pipe and place make shift filter over the throttle body???

C: turn my FPR up to like 55-60 psi to run a littel rich until i get there, and then drive it like a granny???

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How hard is it to drive the car and not hit any boost? I have herd this turbo setup won't spool until about 4K RPM, but i am worried about driving up this one biggggg hill on my way to SJ.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I DO PLAN to stay out of boost.

anyone with a turbo GSR know if i can keep my car out of boost while driving up a hill on the highway at around 60mph? there is one hill i need to climb on my way to SJ. I'm pretty sure i will be ablt to keep it out of boost the rest of the time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i never thought of that. SO that will redirect any amount of boost out of my dump tube and keep the car from boosting.

that might be the way to go. any other ideas???

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
CarbonTeg2 on Feb/08/06 said:
I DO PLAN to stay out of boost.

anyone with a turbo GSR know if i can keep my car out of boost while driving up a hill on the highway at around 60mph? there is one hill i need to climb on my way to SJ. I'm pretty sure i will be ablt to keep it out of boost the rest of the time.
I agree that your best bet is to stay out of boost on the trip to your tuner. If you are on the way, and your tach starts to climb just slow down. Granny drive and Granny shift.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Option A, definately. Just watch your boost gauge... if it starts to go into boost, just reduce the throttle.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My boost gauge it already installed, so i'll be able to keep an eye on that. Thanks for all the info. It looks like i'll be ablet to just drive it slow to the dyno without going into boost. I'll post my dyno numbers after this weekend. I'm looken to hit about [email protected]

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
After Hurricane Katrina when the gas prices spiked to just under $4.00 for 93 octane and I just lost my job I kept my vacuum between 5hg & 22hg at all times. I averaged 33mpg on that tank.

It can easily be done... big hill or not. You may feel like Harry and Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber driving into Aspen when you're going up that hill, but it can easily be done.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Just take your ECU to the tuner and have him install the Hondata with a basemap for 550cc injectors and then drive it carefully. My tuner put a 3 psi cut on there for me just incase, so on my drive over there, every time I saw boost, the power dies somehow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.