Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem like a silly question, but I am going to a cottage this weekend and there's about a 5km stretch of gravel road. Now I would like to eliminate or reduce the number of rocks flying up and pitting the side of the car, I do have stock mudflaps, but is there anything that I can do to avoid rocks damaging the paint, bsides driving slow???

·
Super Moderator
14,195 Posts
nope, you've got the mudflaps and slow driving, thats about it

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I'm going to tense up each time I hear the sound of a rock hitting a metal side panel.... and I'm guessing each time it happends there will be a small pit there....

·
Super Moderator
14,195 Posts
you could tape garbage bags on the sides

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Usually if i have to go on a gravel road im in my Crown Victoria and im sideways down the whole road creating a massive dust storm. But in a Teg Drive at idle or a lil more if people are behind you and dont turn the wheels as they will kick up rocks on the side of the car. Go SLOW, you have mudflaps so you should be even safer.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Pretend the road is a rally cource, and drift your way through!!!

j/k, please don't ;)

While it might not be a huge help against some rock chips, its better than nothing. Put a fresh coat of sealant on your car the day before for some extra protection.

You could also try inflating your tires alittle more to reduce the contact patch, thus reducing the amount of rocks that get tossed up from your tires.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Borrow an SUV or sumthin. Dont subject youre teg to gravel, its just a horrible thing to do.

·
Registered
67 Posts
my advice would be to take someone elses car too....not only do you have to wash the outside of your car...dont forget about all the dust under the hood...I took mine down a dirt road and it looked like someonesprayed dust allover my engine

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Oh you'll be fine as long as you take it easy.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I'm getting scared now with all these horror stories....
Its only for 5km each way so 10kms in total, I'll try slow, where there is little gravel and more dirt roads, inflate my tires a lbs or two over and pray to god!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
use a bra (even though they are hideous, IMO) if you have one, if not put some leather or "garbage bags" on it, if you care about your paint that much i think you'd do the garbage bags or maybe even paper bags with garbage bags under it (for added protection)
haha, I live in Iowa so I have to deal with this one a lot...never garbage bags though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts