Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a replacement axle for my passenger side. I'm looking at a couple of different options:

1. Driveshaft shop stage 2 axle. ($250)

2. Replacement axle from raxles.com ($150)

Now, as I'm going to be upgrading my GSR to hopefully around 190-200 whp in the future, should I just go with the stronger stage 2 axle? Will it hurt anything to have 1 upgraded axle and 1 stock axle? I'll spend the extra $100 if the performance/durability is worth it.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
That's 250 a side. You would have a cv axle that is totally different from the other one. Plus, it's meant for applications up to 300hp. Do you plan on a hp goal that high? I wouldn't bother unless you replaced both and had a whp goal that high. Just get an OEM replacement.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm leaning more toward their stage 1 axle which is good for 200hp on an LSD meaning 400hp on a open diff.

That way I can do both for $300.

·
Registered
890 Posts
GangStarR420 on Jul/23/02 said:
Yeah, I'm leaning more toward their stage 1 axle which is good for 200hp on an LSD meaning 400hp on a open diff.

That way I can do both for $300.
how does 200 Hp on a limted Slip come to be 400 Hp on an open Differential?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Directly from driveshaft.com website:

"hp rating is for a limited slip transmission. Multiply number by two for open differential."

the way I understood it was with an LSD you can be spinning 1 wheel only meaning all the load is on that axle. with an open diff, the load is always going to be on both axles. So if one axle is good for 200hp alone, together they are good for 400hp. Am I way off here?

·
Registered
36 Posts
What are the stock axles good for on a b18b? I have an LS and I didn't know if I should get new axles or what. I have heard plenty of people running more than 200hp from stock axles, can anyone give me a number for the strength of the stock ones?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts