Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 Integra, and the drivers side switch is very buggy. You have to press down on it fairly hard, in order for it to make the driver side window go down. Also, the auto roll down switch on it does not work. Does anyone know why this is happening? I've searched, and some people have similar problems with no solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
My guess would be that something is either loose or broken in the switch. Try to take it apart and look at it. Worst case scenario, you screw up the switch and have to replace the already screwed-up switch. ;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Take the switch out of the circuit. Get your Electrical Wiring Diagram study the swtich and do a simple continuity check across the circuits... get back to us with your results. Could be do to high resistance in the circuit or even an open in the wiring. Id start off with the switch...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Over time the plastic under the switch breaks and it feels like a loose tooth. I replaced the unit on my 96 a few years ago from a junk yard for 20 bucks. This one is starting to go.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Everyone here is correct, the switch is beginning to fail.
What happened to me was I just igfnored the progressive failure, and when it failed completely, it was left constantly raising the window. You cant tell because it will make no straining noise since it cant move up anymore. Instead the motor will start to click as it is the thermal protection resetting.
I ignored the strange clicking since I couldnt locate it and left the switch plugged in so I could raise/lower the pass. windows - causing my drvr motor to burn out in a week.
So replace that switch before the motor seizes, the switch is beginning to fail and its not fixeable I tried everyhting.

·
Banned
986 Posts
yup i got the same problem. buying another switch. the tab that holds the switch to click up and down broke. so the switch is very loose. push all the way up so the window can roll up. and down. does not even click. you can try super gluing it

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I have the same problem. The switch feels like a loose tooth. The only problem is that pretty soon, you won't be able to go to a junkyard and get a new switch console because there will be no more left! I would keep the original console and make a custom switch (Assuming thats possible) My window is weird; the switch will work when I first turn the car on, but it will only role the window down once and back up again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.