Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, when I go to park I have a system. Back windows up first cause they are fast, like REALLY fast, 2 door owners wouldnt know. Then I race my passenger and driver side windows, and the passenger side always wins! Like by a lot, and the drivers side starts lagging, almost like its losing power. Whats the deal, and how do I fix

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
You race your windows and you want to even out the race??????? Oh man....

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, obviously people are mistaking me, such as Justin Klemgold (whom I despise BTW, I despise you Justin Klemgold!) I dont care which window wins, I just threw that in in a jokin way of explaining the problem. I want this fixed, but what could it be just the motor?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Ok ok, I don't think there is anything wrong here. My theory is that the driver side window goes up and down more than the others so it wears out a bit faster. My passenger window kicks my driver sides window's ass every time. But you just wait, I'm going to turbo that thing and then we'll line'em up.

Don't despise me, I'm not that bad of a guy. Some people just take what I say the wrong way.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
And btw, can you give me some "open to close" times on that window? I'd like to compare them to stock specs....ok ok I'm done, hehe, just messing around

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Justin Klemgold on Sep/12/02 said:
Don't despise me, I'm not that bad of a guy. Some people just take what I say the wrong way.
... perhaps

As far as the window times, LoL, there is no way in hell Im going out there with a stop watch and let my neighbors see me timing my windows. The passenger side is normal, I can tell, the drivers side loses by about 2 seconds

·
Registered
940 Posts
hehe, i know what u mean, man my backwindows are like ZOOp
when i roll all 4 windows up i always let go when my front ones close first, and i alwasy forget the back are so fast, their allready up when my front ones r halfway down, but my front ones seem to close on the same time, the passanger wins by like a inch, so its nothing big, mabye ur motor is weak, or its getting crud around it making it turn slow?

·
Registered
940 Posts
lol its late here too, all 4 window switches, push them all up in the exact same time, the back 2 close within 2, 3 seconds max, the front ones, 4 or 5

get it? lol

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Could be one is getting more power than the other. Causing the window to close"faster". Maybe switch isn't making good contact on driver side window. Causing it to lag.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
actually the problem can be fixed, if you get it done at the dealership they will squirt some kind of lube down the tracks that takes care of the problem.

But instead of wasting money doing that you can go to the auto parts store and buy some silicone spray and spray it down the edge of the window into the tracks. move the window up and down a few times maybe add a little more spray and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
[/QUOTE]
As far as the window times, LoL, there is no way in hell Im going out there with a stop watch and let my neighbors see me timing my windows. [/QUOTE]

This is funny as s(*&. You know a bunch of us are gonna have to check out our windows now. Driver side wins by a hair.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Dont take it to the dealer, its alot easier than that. I had you're exact same problem, so I just popped the door panel of, and dripped silicone grease down the window track (you cant actually get at the track with the panel of, but you can see down onto it and drip grease down the legnth of it), after raising and lowering the window a few times it sped up, and now its faster than my passenger window :-(.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Does the passenger window have a silver tint, enabling it to go faster?

I think this is standard on most tegs. My g2 and g3 windows are the same way. (and my g3 is practically brand new)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
If all else fails, a 50-shot of n20 in that window motor should take care of everything.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Oh man, Im doin runs tonight on the windows. Mine are the same way, I have a 4 door as well. I have a 4 way race though, I know the rear gets a head start and all but I want the race to be like the fast and the furious, my girl does the passenger side i do the drivers, we get reaction times, 60 mm times, 1/8 times, I get a hotdog stand in the driveway. But I never wrote them down, I will tonight though and be back tomorrow for some upgrade opinions!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
i, of course, have the same problem. But im more concerned about my window switch. Usually when you push the switch all the way down, the drivers side window goes down on its own.....but now, it doesnt do it, almost like its sticking. There is a thick goo substance in the door panels and it is also getting on my window. what the hell is that crap. a shop here in town calls in "japanese door semene" hehe....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts