·
Registered
4,323 Posts
that's a clearer pic than the articles hehe. hint hint Ross. LOL J/K dude

those look like the correct bolts.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yeah can we change out that pic in the article to this one...gives a better view and more precise orientation of these bolts!!! Pretty please mods!!!!?????

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
don't forget! loosen the fill bolt before loosening the drain plug - incase the fill plug is seized.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
wow, this guy is my kind of member, hes been here less than two months yet he is already posting pictures along with his questions that quite frankly are better than the ones in the article, and lets everyone know EXACTLY what he wants, no bullsh*t, i like that

·
Registered
388 Posts
FYI - if you have an aftermarket magnetic drain bolt, it will NOT be the socket type that comes stock. It's a standard 17mm just like the fill bolt.

You have the factory one tho, so, all clear. :)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
LT6916 on Apr/16/04 said:
don't forget! loosen the fill bolt before loosening the drain plug - incase the fill plug is seized.
I the tranny can also be filled from the breather on the top of the tranny. You need 5/8" tubing to fit snugly around the breather and you'll need to keep track of the amount of fluid added. I actually find this way to be much less messy and less frustrating.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i did the same thing, scott when my fill bolt was seized and got stripped (by me). I actually used parts of a manual cyphin, fit the tube over the breather, put a funnel at the beginning, and poured in the amount through there. Luckily, the fluid going into a sealed case created a vacuum keeping the tube sealed around the breather.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
white_rice on Apr/20/04 said:
Tranny breather? Where is that located?
Awww nuts Jonathan showed us that last weekend when we replaced his bumpstops. That's on top of the tranny near the speed sensor. I heard people talking about filling through that place also.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
on top of the tranny, you'll see a small brass tube with a black cap ontop of it. that's the breather.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
to get really stupid and technical, it's not a breather, it's just where the fluid is put into the tranny while on the assembly line.

If it was a breahter, it wouldnt have a rubber cap on it ;-p.

If you've filled a tranny sideways, you realize that it's a pretty slow process as it can only go in so fast and is releively awkward. on the assembly line they can just put the drain bolt in, blast the correct amount of fluid in through that tube, cap it of, put in the filler, and be done in a fraction of the time it takes to do it when its changed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts