Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had a drag turbo kit that know what size their turbo came with...
it t3/t4 but what trim??? I'm asking because I dont know if this turbo can spool for a 400hp for my rebuild motor.. It would be suck if going to dyno and the turbo die at 300hp and cant go further...

Motor is completely rebuild 2.0L, 9:1cc,. 3''exhaust, hondata, 650cc, 255lph, precision IC 2.25"..etc...
I'm allset for 400hp except these t3/t4 drag stage 1 turbo I had.. dont know if it enough??

Thank you guys...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what good turbo that I can go for 400hp??? street use only.. Was thinking drag t3/t4 is not good enough, so SC61 was pop into my mind this time..

Is this ok or should I run something little smaller like sc50 or something for 400hp. SC61 rated 650hp I think..

Thanks for replies..

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
not sure if drag is using turbonetics still... but it should still be a 50 trim. sc50 and sc61 are both still t3/t4, just precision gave them the sc names. precision made larger wheels for sc50, and supposely it spools faster and just a bit more efficient. I haven't seen real comparison results, but they shouldn't vary much.

sc61 would be great on the highway or track for 400 hp on the motor you described. but may i ask why 400 hp? are you a die hard track visitor?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^_^.. You right about 400hp on the street is a bit crazy, but I already build up my turbo, sleeve and everything. The motor is rated 700hp, 400hp is just playing safe..

Back to the turbo. Do you think I should sell my 50 trim drag t3/t4 and buy sc61 76trim .63ar?? should be a bang for the buck on up to 400hp..:)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
There are a lot of options that you have available for that setup. It really depends upon if you're looking at PEAK horsepower or actual USABLE Power for the street/ Occational track. The SC61 is a good platform, but perhaps you just need something that has a little more bottom end for the spool up. Even with a built motor, you want to make sure that the Turbo that you use has it's effficiencies in the right spot, and not just "Oh, this is good to 600+ hp, so that'll do it."

Trust me, for the street 350whp is DAMN good to knock out a lot of people on the street, and if you know what you're doing, will work on the drag strip as well.

Hit me up about the turbo specifications that you need, I even get them for you if you're interested.

·
Registered
948 Posts
If you're pushing >400 HP you are gonna need a really strong, aggressive clutch which is going to be a nightmare if you're in stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'm planning on doing the same very shortly got a shell being looked at at the moment to do it also. Plan on reinforcing everything just like evil if not more so if possible, how did you go about finding out that your internals are made to withstand 700hp?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts