Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone who put the DRAG GEN III turbo kit on their car themselves tell me if they ran into any problems or any advice for things i should look out for when i put mine on with some friends of mine? some pics of the engine afterwards would also be appreciated. so i can get a look for how it all should look, im a visual learner. thanks.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Tuning is what makes a turbo...its too risky if youve never done it before. You could do serious perminate damage,

·
Registered
179 Posts
i did mine in my driveway with normal tools.. :)
been boosting from for 1.5 years now :)

the install itself is actually easy just time consuming
you will need a exhaust manifold gasket ( i used a mr.Gasket copper one) also some tiewraps, silicon vacume hose.

I did the install myself but let a muffler shop make me a mandel bent 2.5" exhaust and they also routed the dump tube (from the wastegate ) back into the exhaust before the cat!

problems I had with the installation!
-the upper center bolt on the drag manifold is a biatch!!!
-1 i/c pipe were 1/4 " to long a 3 minute fix!!
-the windsheild washer resevoire has to be removed or modified to fit!as my i/c piping goes there.. ( not sure if the canadian models have a larger resevoire ( but I used a heat gun to soften the plastic and fold the middle of the resevoireto make it shorter! and a bit of silicon caulking :)

Tips
-use lock washer on all bolts!!! they can come loose from vibration and heat!
-the housing for the electic fan for the motor will need to be trimmed ( I used dremel and side cutters)
-my fuel pump is tied down to the insulated A/C lines using 2 hose clamps

ADVICE
-don't cheap out on parts.. get the proper plugs use synthetic, do a basic tune up,get a good wastegate the delta gate are prone to creep!!! get good gas! you just forked out large $$ on your turbo kit no need putting crap parts on now, you don't wana have problem because you tried to save a few bucks!!!
-your car will be fast there will be no need to prove it at every light!

-best advice.... have fun and enjoy :)

if you need any help let me know I have a llink to a good site that will help your install I based mine on this site :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help supersonic-rs, could you possibly give me the site, so i can have a look also? thanks again.

·
Registered
392 Posts
if u dontknow anything about how to do it then i would suggest u take it to a professional. wrong installation will screw up your engine

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks Boostcontrol, ive seen that sight before. but its still helpful. what is that picture with the boost solenoid? what is the boost solenoid?

·
Registered
693 Posts
kevw50 on Aug/09/02 said:
thanks Boostcontrol, ive seen that sight before. but its still helpful. what is that picture with the boost solenoid? what is the boost solenoid?
Another name for a Boost Controller. Its the thing connected to the headlights with the RED hose connected to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts