Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably going to order the Gen III kit in a couple weeks from Importparts.com for $2699. Is that a good price for the kit? My questions are for Drag Gen III owners. Do I need anything else with the kit? I am only going to be running 6lbs of boost right now. Besides a boost gauge what else do I need. Does it come with bigger injectors or do I not need them? What about a NuFormz block guard. Yes I have read the article section but my questions are specific to this kit so don't flame me please. Never had a turbo so I am a little scared about the whole thing. A guy I know that works at a shop is going to install it and tune it, He has a 12 second civic running 15 to 20lbs of boost so I am not worried about the install. Man I am rambling. Anyway, will just the kit out of the box and nothing else be fine? OK I am done now.Thank you fellow Teggers!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the same exact question.. If you're running 6psi then I think you should be fine w/ stock internals.. We may need a Stage 3 clutch.. so.. "will just the kit out of the box and nothing else be fine?"

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have a stage 3 clutch. What about oil and plugs too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just the kit out of the box will work. It doesn't come with injectors, but you won't need bigger injectors if you are just going to run the 7 PSI that the wastegate is set at. It is a good idea to get the missing link, because what comes with the kit isn't very good. Another thing you might consider is upgrading the wastegate to something like the Tial 35mm, because the Deltagate wastegate is prone to boost creep. You won't need a block guard either, unless you are going to run a lot of boost. With my kit I also got an Air/Fuel Gauge and colder spark plugs, just to be safe. If you want your turbo to last long, you should probably get a turbo timer, as well. Like I said, none of these things are necessary, but they are a very good idea if you want to be safe, and have it last.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't know what your kit comes with but if the oil lines aren't steel braided, you should upgrade to that. You should be fine with the kit "out of the box"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts