Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 97 gsr with 70k miles on it. i am very close to buying a drag 3 turbo kit for it but need to get some info before i do. first, i've heard that the drag 3 kit is not really a bolt on and you need to weld and hack quite a bit to get it on, is this true? Second, if any one knows that the drag 3 is a bad setup which is another very good turbo kit that is reliable? And final, this is my very first car and i am new to FI, along with a turbo kit, any suggestion on what else i should buy to obtain low 13-12 second 1/4 miles? And for more information this is a daily driven car with the occasional redlight race and drag strip every once and a while.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That was a perfectly fine question... exactly what "I" was searching for! haha

but I've heard bad things about Drag 3 as well... someone in my area is selling one for dirt cheap.. but my cousin advised me not to get it.. as he put it "Drag 3 Sucks" "lotsa problems" is it true?

·
Registered
770 Posts
you should definately look into a custom kit. the kits that drag make are pretty good however for the same price if not cheaper you could get alot better parts as well as parts to your liking. for example it comes with the turbonetics wastegate, which a few people have complained about getting creeps from it. whereas you could pick up a used tial wastegate (the best) for a pretty decent price used.

You could pick up a used wastegate, intercooler, injectors and blow off valve, and get new oil lines, fuel pump, and turbo and the kit will come out to be pretty cheap and also a better setup compared to a full kit .

You should definately do some research before you buy a kit.

Most kits do require some welding/cutting for the piping since the piping doesnt always fit . for the drag kit it should fit since its premade for your car.

Also this turbo would be good enough for sub 14 second passes.

Theres still alot more that I'd like to write but it would just take me forever lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts