Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY driver side door won't open from inside nor outside. Any suggestions on how I can open the door so I can remove the door panel to get to the lock mechanism.

Oh, and when I try to unlock the door from outside, the key doesn't turn. And when I'm inside, I hit the silver power lock up, it pop's back down instantly.

·
Registered
879 Posts
If you pull out on the inside door handle while pressing the silver button that may keep the lock up permanently. You could also remove the moulding around the inside handle to gain access to the metal bars responsible for opening and locking the door.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
happen to me. The metal bar that releases the door from the outside got loose. So i couldnt open the door from the outside. My friend stupidly put the child safe lock on and not thinking that it would prevent you from opening it from the inside. So i was stuck both ways. I Just unscrewes the door panel. And try to yank it out. It worked. I put the latch back on and open the door from the outside.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oo9o9xAzNoO on Sep/04/02 said:
happen to me. The metal bar that releases the door from the outside got loose. So i couldnt open the door from the outside. My friend stupidly put the child safe lock on and not thinking that it would prevent you from opening it from the inside. So i was stuck both ways. I Just unscrewes the door panel. And try to yank it out. It worked. I put the latch back on and open the door from the outside.
I don't understand. You can remove the door panel while the door is shut?

·
Registered
125 Posts
integralsvtec on Sep/04/02 said:
my driver side door lock wont work when my door is open but it works fine when its shut. anyone have the same problem?
I have the same prob...kinda annoying having to lock the car w/my key everytime I get out. I'm gonna buy a keyless entry one day...

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
integralsvtec on Sep/04/02 said:
my driver side door lock wont work when my door is open but it works fine when its shut. anyone have the same problem?
Are you referring to the feature that almost all Honda's in the last 2 decades have had? It's supposed to prevent you from locking your keys in the car. A simple way to bypass it is hold the inside door latch open (while door is open too) and lock it then. Make sense? Go try it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i tried what cheezthis said and the door is still jammed. when my door is opened and i use the auto lock switch it attempts to unlocks and it gets jammed. then it locks it self again.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally fixed my door problem with my dad's help thou. Got inside the car and pry'd open the door panel, while the door was shut. Pulled the mechanism that the outside door handle was disconnected from and the lock stop switching. Thus got my door open and re-attatched the mechanism and secured it. Now the door works fine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts