Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my passenger door when closed is not in line with the rest of the car. i think someone tried to pry open my door a few nights ago because i left my house and when i came back and turned off my alarm it made the intrusion chirps. i adjusted everything like the rubber stoppers you turn and still it is slightly ajar. is there anything else i can do to fix this problem?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Was the door like this before or did you just recently discovered that the door is slitely ajar?

·
Registered
389 Posts
i have the same problem. passenger side, g3

my car was broken into also, but drivers side, not passenger. i just recently have noticed it.

i havent tried adjusting the stoppers though.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have teh same prob on my passenger side of my g3,i think it was in a accident before I bought it ,but how do you adjust your stoppers?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
You can loosen the three screws on the car body (not the door) and the latch hoop will move around. You will probably need an impact driver do this. Leave the screws slightly loose so that the hoop can move and close the door a few times with the handle up so the door doesn't latch. This should set everything to it's "natural" position. Tighten the screws and see how it fits. This is really a trial and error process. You can then fine tune with the bumpers.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Thanx!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
My dad said if your door is adjar use a two by four as leverage and just go crazy on it. he was raised with old 70's muslcle machines though. so plastic acuras prob wouldn't work as good on it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but it's the only one I could find on my problem. I'm going to pick up my new-used RS tomorrow and the drivers door is slightly ajar when shut and fully latched. I already adjusted the stoppers real quick while I was looking it over trying to decide if I still wanted the car due to this.

What I'm wondering is if any of you or anyone that hasn't already posted here had good results for any of the methods mentioned or have any alternative methods.

The metal hoop on the car that the door latches to had one of the two screws loose, so maybe I just need to do the whole adjustment thing. But all the panels line up along the drivers side, frame around the door looks perfect and there's just a spot at the top right corner of the door (below window) where the door skin is kinda coming apart from the door (but not enough to be cause of "gap").

·
Registered
676 Posts
GSRShane on Nov/19/03 said:
I know this is an old thread, but it's the only one I could find on my problem. I'm going to pick up my new-used RS tomorrow and the drivers door is slightly ajar when shut and fully latched. I already adjusted the stoppers real quick while I was looking it over trying to decide if I still wanted the car due to this.

What I'm wondering is if any of you or anyone that hasn't already posted here had good results for any of the methods mentioned or have any alternative methods.

The metal hoop on the car that the door latches to had one of the two screws loose, so maybe I just need to do the whole adjustment thing. But all the panels line up along the drivers side, frame around the door looks perfect and there's just a spot at the top right corner of the door (below window) where the door skin is kinda coming apart from the door (but not enough to be cause of "gap").
I was going to start a new thread for my friend who is not a member yet that's having the same exact thing. Good thing that i searched more and found this thread. I just want to know whether or not the problem is mechanical or electrical? Is there another thread related to this? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
that post was made 35 months ago lol...but the problem will not be electrical if your'e talking about your door being slightly ajar. That's entirely mechanical. The only real way to fix this is as stated above. First try adjusting the stoppers and if that's not moving the door close enough to the car then you'll have to loosen the bolts connecting the door to the frame. The door WANTS to fit perfectly so you don't have to loosen it very much, just enough that it will move a bit when you close the door. Just follow the steps above and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
STEP 1: Get in car
STEP 2: Drive to body shop
STEP 3: Get out of car, say hello and explain problem to the people at the shop.
STEP 4: Return later and pick up car
Step 5: Drive away happy

ses how easy it is. Body shops have precision equipment for aligning doors perfectly. If you guess and are even slightly off, you will have to eventually replace parts and or cause damage to the car.

Its just like using the right tool for the job, use a qualified person to fix the problem right the first time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is about the closest related thread I have seen yet to a problem I've been wanting to fix, and I can't find anything with a search.

My doors catch or hit the metal loop on the body by about 1/8 of an inch or so when being closed, causing the door to make a rather unpleasent noise as the door kinda jumps in order to align and lock. I do not want to loosen the metal catch loop however because when the doors are closed they are in the right position once they close. There is just a bit of play in the hinges from being used a lot and the door sags a bit once opened.

What I need to do is shim the door hinges to raise the back end of the door a very small amount, about 1/8-1/4 of an inch. Was wondering if anyone had done this or have any links to an article detailing which bolts I'll need to adjust/shim to get this effect.

·
Registered
87 Posts
HA HA i have the same problem on my g3 pass door, every since i got the car a little more than a year ago. Actually never tried to fix it because it doesn't bother me that much, but now that i think of it that i have water coming in when its raining might have something to do with it lol

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
RYANGT on Oct/13/06 said:
just go to a shop, they charge less than 25 bucks to do it perfectly. Why waste your time ruining your door?
and this is coming from a guy that wants to do his own a/c work.funny....

·
Registered
708 Posts
tony_2018 on Oct/13/06 said:
Quote: RYANGT on Oct/13/06just go to a shop, they charge less than 25 bucks to do it perfectly. Why waste your time ruining your door?

and this is coming from a guy that wants to do his own a/c work.funny....
Fact is he is right. If you dont have anything to add to the thread dont make a stupid post trying to be cool by bashing someone else.

To everyone that is on here for a reason. Just take it to a pro.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts