Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i'm sure there is a post on here dealing with this type of question... but i can do a search on it because i dont know the actuall NAME of it... and where can i get the kit to install it??????

What is the name of the door that opens and slides UP... like the car in Back To The Future (the Galorien)?????

I know that opening the car door on the otherside of the frame outward is called a Sucide Hinge.

Thanks~~~~~~!

·
Registered
879 Posts
gullwing

·
Registered
110 Posts
The DELOREAN in Back to the Future has Gullwing Doors. Im not sure of the name of the type of door your talking about, but I know what your saying. The Lamborghini Diablos have them, and I think they're really cool. I would have done it to my car if it wasnt so expensive to do. You have to strengthen the fram and buy special hinges, it was just a big hassle

·
Registered
98 Posts
There was a post on this topic a while ago. Do a search and you'll find out the general feel. It was said that it's expensive, and hard keep from breaking off if you don't do it right. I geuss if you did it right and had 2-3 grand you wanted to blow...it'd be worth it. I'm pretty sure they said that it involved alot of body work. I have to admit though, if I went to an import car show and saw a teg with gull winged doors, I'd give it high marks. 'Cuz it like looks cool and shtuff.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I read about that being doen to a new Mustang a while ago. The owners brother was an engineer (who installed it), and it involved hydraulics to lift the doors.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
there is actually an integra that has the doors like that done already. it is a teal rt hand drive gsr, it was on the cover of the spring 99 IMPORT TUNER, that is the reason i got my gsr. i wish i had a digital camera i would post them but i don't maybe someone else has it and has a digital camera and can post, it is my fav teg ever.

·
Registered
95 Posts
First of all they're called DELOREANs (not GALORIEN). Accually Delorean gullwings were made very simpistically. They use cryogenically(sp?) twisted metal rods, so that when the door is opened the rod pulls the door up. In addition to this each door also used a small rod like the larger ones on a tegs hatch.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok ok... forget about the DELOREAN doors... we already have the name of them type of doors which are GULLWINGS...

What we're trying to find out is the name of the door that the DIABLO has in the pic above...

ANYoNE KNOW THE NAME OF THAT TYPE OF DOOR?

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
talk to b20b, he had a site for a kit to put that in. the kit costs about $1500,or it will once they finish it for the integra, BUT the price to install and modify the car for it will probably put it up to at least almost double the price

1 - 20 of 29 Posts