Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. i currently have a 94 RS and am wanting to do a power door lock conversion because my car currently does NOT have power locks on it. how hard or easy is it to actually do? anyone who has done this please let me know. in theory, i have calculated that it shouldn't be too hard but that is a different story when you actually do it.....thanks in advance.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I got an aftermarket alarm/keyless entry and lock actuators. Theres an article here that Z wrote that is really easy to follow. Just buy all of the wire harnesses that you can ( Personally I'd go aftermarket, not OEM ) and it'll make youre life a ton easier.
Don't buy a crap system, youll regret it and spend more getting a nice one ( living proof ).
As for difficulty... not too bad, except for getting wires through the door. That defines a sob.

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
nugget61 on Oct/01/07 said:
I got an aftermarket alarm/keyless entry and lock actuators. Theres an article here that Z wrote that is really easy to follow. Just buy all of the wire harnesses that you can ( Personally I'd go aftermarket, not OEM ) and it'll make youre life a ton easier.
Don't buy a crap system, youll regret it and spend more getting a nice one ( living proof ).
As for difficulty... not too bad, except for getting wires through the door. That defines a sob.
this is the article nugget mentions

If you want "oem look", simply picking up the stock pieces that have the switches on the doors will tie right into the aftermarket stuff, which is MUCH eaiser an install, MUCH cheaper, and does the job with the same exact results as any oem system

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MorningZ on Oct/01/07 said:
Quote: nugget61 on Oct/01/07I got an aftermarket alarm/keyless entry and lock actuators. Theres an article here that Z wrote that is really easy to follow. Just buy all of the wire harnesses that you can ( Personally I'd go aftermarket, not OEM ) and it'll make youre life a ton easier. Don't buy a crap system, youll regret it and spend more getting a nice one ( living proof ).
all of my parts are off a 95 teg. thus, this will be a hard task to accomplish?

this is the article nugget mentions

If you want "oem look", simply picking up the stock pieces that have the switches on the doors will tie right into the aftermarket stuff, which is MUCH eaiser an install, MUCH cheaper, and does the job with the same exact results as any oem system

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
"all of my parts are off a 95 teg. thus, this will be a hard task to accomplish?"

Absolutely impossible question to answer, as no one has any clue what your skill level for both installation and wiring could be....

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MorningZ on Oct/01/07 said:
"all of my parts are off a 95 teg. thus, this will be a hard task to accomplish?"

Absolutely impossible question to answer, as no one has any clue what your skill level for both installation and wiring could be....
zero experience with wiring and diagrams let alone a door conversion. i need to get an estimate on the difficulty level from my perspective.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Its really only a few wires and there is really good documentation on here - just research it some more and if you feel it is above your abilities just find someone that can help you or take it to circuit city or something.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nugget61 on Oct/01/07 said:
Its really only a few wires and there is really good documentation on here - just research it some more and if you feel it is above your abilities just find someone that can help you or take it to circuit city or something.
yeah i got a mechanic who does a bunch of stuff like this but i dont want to lowball him or nothin.....that's why i wanna do some of this stuff myself

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.