Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
Yesterday i went to Barnes and Noble to browse the magazine section. Well, when i was getting out of my car i pull on my door handle (on the driver's side) and it became really loose and the door didnt open :(. the handle now can be jiggled around quite a bit, pulled at least 60 degrees inward but nothing happens. Now my question. Has anyone had this problem, what did you do to fix it? I really dont want to take of the whole int. side to get to it but it may come to that.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
your going to have to bite the bullet and do the interior trim deal you may have some how broken the peice that connects it to the lock selanoid

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i dont know exactly what a selanoid is but i was guessing it is one of the pieces that opens the door hinge from back in there. But yea somthings prolly broken and if so where should i go to get a new "part" junkyard or dealer?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
i just had the same thing happen to me, take off the door pannel, and look up at the inside of the latch, chances are the plastic clip that holds the that connects to the latch its self broke, its a 7 or 8 dollar piece

see that diagram, part 17(joint) uses part 15(bush, handle joint) to connect to the inside of the handel

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
you have to buy it new at the dealer. you cant get this part used.

or you could take off your door pannel off and look to see what your looking for. iam just saying this is what it sounds like. TAKE OFF YOUR DOOR PANNEL AND FIND OUT FOR YOUR SELF

*edit* i just realized that your a gen 2 that parts may be different. but its the same idea

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
might have something to do with the latch. I just replaced mine but it doesn't always open easily especially if it's warm for some reason, so You have to wiggle the door to open it... Does the handle feel like it's locked.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no i definetly think somthings broken in there the handle is really loose and feels like it "catches" nothing

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it wasnt any thing that i though. I went out and examined the handle closely and it was broken, the part that goes around the top of the little spring was broken. So tomorrow i gotta go to the dealer :( Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts