Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i'm new to team integra and i've looked in to several cars to buy such as eagle talons and honda civics...but i've come to a conclusion and decided to buy a early model integra (92-93)...I'm looking for power and tuning potential which model should i get (LS,GS,GS-R). i've heard that the gs-r is much faster then both of them. but i'm also on a tight budget when it comes to parts...so if uc an help me please tell me what model and what kinda parts will give me more bang for my buck...THANX

Rob

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
It's going to be hard to find one of those old GSR's, they are pretty rare, but yeah, they are faster, not A LOT faster, but they are faster. Plus they have VTEC, which will probably jack up your insurance a bit.

Read the articles that you can find on the left side of your screen, they are very informative and will help you in your decision making.

Welcome to the site by the way. Anything you want to know about your future car, you WILL find here, there are lots of knowledgeable people. Glad you're here, enjoy your stay

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
You're brand new...so you get some slack and I got yer back!!

Dude, you need a plan. If I had a tight budget, then I would go with a Gs-R and some basic breathing mods, such as an intake and exhaust system (header, cat, and catback). We need to know your plan (normally aspirated? forced induction? nitrous oxide?) We also need to know your wheel horse power goals. How new are you?

Read the articles, too!! You will save yourself a whole lot of hell and dumb questions. Everything you ever need to know about an Integra is in there.

Go read the articles and figure out your plan and hp goal, then come back and tell us.

BTW, WELCOME TO TEAM INTEGRA!!!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
daze, honestly, buying a Integra or Civic would be a smart move: they're reliable, fun to drive and easily modified.

If I were you, I would avoid buying a GSR just for the sake of getting VTEC. If getting a nice GSR is out of your budget, get a nice non-vtec. It's important to get the nicest car you can afford; it would really suck to have to spend all your money on repairs rather than fun stuff, like performance upgrades or wheels.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Welcome to the site! People don't realize that modifying our integras is a very expensive endeavor, if you are not sure what your plans are that's ok, just keep the teg clean and make her look nice, they really are fun cars right out of the box,If you can find a GS-R that's great, Ls' are just as good, just have fun with it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts