Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm sure you've all noticed how dim the stock dome light is, and I was wonderin if theres anyway to cram the slightly larger 10w dome light bulb in there that most other cars use, or if any companys make a brighter (white) bulb that would fit.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I bought a generic hyper white replacement bulb (I will have to check the wattage), and it lights up the interior nicely.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My Teg's interior is dark as hell... I just replaced it with an APC Blue Bulb. I have them in the doors of my Accord too. Makes everything have a nice glow. If I really need to find something in my car I have a flashlight in the back next to the spare... So I guess I'm more for style then actually being able to see...

\/----Read the Sig----\/

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I changed mine to a 10W. I don't know the bulb number - there isn't one on the bulb. I just took the stock bulb to the store and got the closest sized 10W bulb. I think you might have to bend the contacts slightly. It's not a big deal. I have had no melting problems with the 10W. I wouldn't go higher than 10W or this could be a problem.

I tried a 10W Polarg Hyper White type bulb, but it was slightly more blue than white. I can see better with the standard 10W bulb and am using it. The Polarg was trippy looking.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
What he said ^^^.

I changed mine to a Toucan Eurolite 12v 10 watt.

It's slightly brighter & whiter. As Kelly suggests, I simply bent the thin metal holders outwards to accomodate the slightly larger bulb. It's worked fine for the past 6 months or so.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I have that same problem. Inside my car looks like a dimly lit dance hall with a blue halo effect. I have to use the two forward map lights for any real vision in there. Oh well the price of style I guess.

·
Registered
531 Posts
whats the light number, is it the 194 series?

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
scrappe7 on Sep/30/02 said:
whats the light number, is it the 194 series?
No, it is a 3022.

I had amber glow going (JDM-style), but I grew tired of it and went back to the more subtle OEM fake blue. Red can look cool if you get the expensive bulbs (not cheap ones that end up being magenta).

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I just crammed the slightly larger 10w bulb into the holder (just had to bend the contacts abit). It's an improvement, still nothing compared to other cars which have lights in the footwells, on the bottoms of the doors etc etc, but hey its better than nothin.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am havning a hard time finding the righ size replacements for the domelights in my 99 LS. Can you tell me where i could find some. Im looking to get blue bulbs. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts