Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Acura Integra LS b18b1
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm doing a LS-V build with my ls b18b1 and don't know the best way to buy the parts. Im kinda worried getting one on eBay and it being junk. Just would like some feedback or if there's anything to look for to tell if it's good I'd like to hear about it. I'm new to the car world and only have been working on my car for 3+months now and have learned alot and open to learn more. Thanks for any help!

·
Administrator
4,306 Posts
To make life easy, find one that comes with a headgasket. You're going to have to replace it anyway when you remove your head.

I personally like the Golden Eagle kits, but they're a little more expensive. They have a great reputation, and quality makes up for the price difference (in my opinion).

A more cost effective solution would be the kit from BLOX, although I'm unsure of the brand of the headgasket. Their name is on the gasket, but I have to assume it's mass-produced from China. Headgasket isn't something that I would go cheap on.

I would also highly consider ARP cylinder head bolts. They're cheap insurance.

·
Registered
1997 Acura Integra LS b18b1
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To make life easy, find one that comes with a headgasket. You're going to have to replace it anyway when you remove your head.

I personally like the Golden Eagle kits, but they're a little more expensive. They have a great reputation, and quality makes up for the price difference (in my opinion).

A more cost effective solution would be the kit from BLOX, although I'm unsure of the brand of the headgasket. Their name is on the gasket, but I have to assume it's mass-produced from China. Headgasket isn't something that I would go cheap on.

Yeah I appreciate those links but I was actually wondering more along the lines of where is a good place to buy a b16 cylinder head. Didn't know if I should look on my Facebook marketplace, eBay or if there is a good site that's legit. Definetly agree with the ARP head studs and I'm also planning on doing the rods and pistons because the rods of the LS are known to be bad to go out around 6500 to 6800 RPMs which getting it set up with a VTEC that typically likes higher RPMs would be engine suicide lol Ive heard good things about Golden eagle and building a LSV can go wrong real quick if you try to cut corners.

·
Administrator
4,306 Posts
Yeah I appreciate those links but I was actually wondering more along the lines of where is a good place to buy a b16 cylinder head. Didn't know if I should look on my Facebook marketplace, eBay or if there is a good site that's legit. Definetly agree with the ARP head studs and I'm also planning on doing the rods and pistons because the rods of the LS are known to be bad to go out around 6500 to 6800 RPMs which getting it set up with a VTEC that typically likes higher RPMs would be engine suicide lol Ive heard good things about Golden eagle and building a LSV can go wrong real quick if you try to cut corners.
Got it. You hadn't specified in your post above about specific parts, so I just assumed the conversion kit.

You could look at FB Marketplace, but you really have to know what you're looking at to make sure you're not getting a junk cylinder head. Try contacting HMotorsonline & see if they have those cylinder heads for sale that are already separated from the block.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts