Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m about to buy this ‘98 gs-r off mp and so I contact the owner. I talk for a bit and he sends me a few videos. One of them is of the engine running, but it just sounds a little funny to me. I don’t really know what much about how tegras are supposed to sound so I’m just looking for some feedback on if I should even go down for a test drive or not.

Engine video

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does sound a little "off", but I can't confirm if it's the crappy sound quality, or something else. Almost sounds like a PS pump or compressor is going bad with a faulty bearing of some sort, but again, can't confirm.
Is this something I should be particularly concerned about? Like, is that something that could lead to irreparable engine damage or should I be able to just fix it on my own

·
Administrator
4,578 Posts
If it's a power steering pump and/or ac compressor, or even an alternator, no. Those aren't components that lead to engine damage. They're external components that are driven by the engine. Lastly, don't take what I said above as the absolute answer to your question. Again, it's extremely hard to tell with the poor quality of the video/sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.