Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of may be due to the exhuast but my gsr never cracked this hard, I don't have an aftermarket exhuast though.

But I'm sure I should still be able to hear some kinda crack...

Comptech Icebox, Skunk2 Mani, Skunk2 alpha headers, High flow cat, ITR B pipe and ITR exhuast is my setup..

But this guy just got an exhuast and cams...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj8tsJm8ETQ

I'm asking becuase I see a pair of 2000 ITR cams for sale for 350 bucks and thinking about picking them up.

I really love the sound of a loud crossover.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Harsh VTEC engagement is NOT what you want. You want a nice, smooth crossover. To find the crossover point, just dyno your car with the VTEC set at 7000rpm. Look for where the hp starts to die on the non VTEC lobe. Go 200rpm below that point and that should give you an ideal VTEC engagement.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Yes the VTEC cams on the ITR is more aggressive than the GSR. How much you hear it depends on a lot of factors.

Re: VTEC tuning, do a dyno run with and without the vtec cam, and then put your crossover where the torque curves meet.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Omg. Bahahahahaha haha that's my video!

There is a huge difference in low end tq and power across the board even without a tune. And the crack is much more aggressive than my gsr cams. Like said above tuning will calm it down some, but they'll always crack harder than gsr cams.

This is with a header, exhaust, sri intake, and 96 spec itr cams on a gsr basemap. No tune at all. Which is probably why the crack harder than they should. I can tell you 200-300 spent on any form of itr cam is money damned well spent. So I bet you didn't expect to hear from the driver of the video you posted but DO IT

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Yup for now. Redline of 8500. And I bang off redline at autox a lot. And I dd it

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I am putting in gsr exhaust dual springs (they are separate springs. So take the smaller inner spring and put them inside the intake side as well) soon. But I've had them in since may-june. No issues

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Cool, I think I'll just go ahead and upgrade the vavle springs although I kinda don't want to becuase I'd like to save a bit of money but I'm sure I will acccidently go over the 8100-8200 stock redlne here and there and even though most of you have safely ran it on stock valve springs for thousands of miles.

Anyways I picked them up today. They are lightly used as in the have less than 2k miles on them.

Better picture, I guess they are real!

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Your car isn't tuned for ITR cams, so, of course, you're going to notice the crossover more. The torque increase is going to be negligible once you are properly tuned.

Experience forced induction on the teg, and you'll wonder why you thought your bolt on teg was fast. =-)

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Who said I haven't experienced bewsssst? Lolol LIESSSSS. Bahahahah. Bewst ftw

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Just updating. Finally got a tune for the itr cams. And they make much more power down low than they did before and the crossover is no longer absurd. I'll report back on mpgs. So far I'm nearly at the 1yr mark w itr cams in an otherwise stock gsr

1 - 20 of 24 Posts