Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup, Im new and this is my first post on the forum.I just got a 99 integra GS stick. It has 67000 miles on it and I got it for $6200. Now my question is will a theft be able to steal my car with does to things on? I get paranoid because I know integras are really easily to steal and that I lot of people want their parts. Thanks.

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
anything is defeatable....

its just a matter of the thief's skill, and no one on a message board as so is able to "generalize" enough to anser your question..

check out the sticked "Protect da teg" thread for some other stuff

·
Registered
502 Posts
Like MorningZ said, anything is defeatable. I like the Club and autolock, etc to deter the petty/punk kid theif. But if a pro theif wants your car it really doesn't amtter what security you have.

The best is to layer your security. Alarm, club type lock, kill swtich, etc. Use combinations of security. And use common sense. Don't leave desirable items in the open.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
I know "the club" is all but worthless when it comes down to a thief that knows his stuff.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Autolock looks good. For a manual, you set it on the clutch, for an auto you set it on the brake. For manual, the theif cant take it anywhere since hes gotta push the clutch to start. For auto, a thief can't do it since he's gotta push the brake to get out of park.

My $.02

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
I've seen a theif bypass the auto lock by removing the brake pedal... or the clutch pedal and then replacing it after the lock is removed.

if they want your car, there are ways to get it... all we can do is slow them down just enough.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well yes, you can use stuff to slow them down. But also think about location... where you park your car.

Me, I take the back of the parking lot under a light, and I take two spaces as if I didn't know how to park... so that no one can hit my car (pretty much), and so if anyone actually parks near, there's still room between the cars.

IMHO the theif wants to be able to hide between cars.

Keep it out in the open.

How often do you see someone stealing a car right out in the open with nothing next to him or arround him (neighboring cars) where people walk around.

·
Registered
117 Posts
As was said here, the best thing to do is to layer your defenses. The saying goes that if someone REALLY wants your car, they are going to get it. Period.

That being said, to deter the thief and cause him (or her) to give up, LAYER. For example, get an alarm with an ignition kill, re-route your hood cable, install your own fuel cut off switch, throw on a club or autolock.

There are other things you can do to be smart. Don't decorate your car with "steal me stickers," which is to say don't broadcast to the world that you've got good hardware. You can also tint your windows, depending on which state you're in, to a pretty dark tint, and limit what can be seen from the outside. Obviously, don't leave stuff in your car that the thief could break the window, reach in and grab all in 5 seconds.

Should your car get jacked, there are a few companies that make sensors that the police can track, such as Lowjack, but the reliability of these systems is in question, and they cost a b*ttload.

So, in sum: LAYER your defenses, don't be dumb and put stickers all over your car (at least your daily driver), don't leave stuff out, and, most importantly, use common sense.

So yea...word.

·
Super Moderator
14,200 Posts
Security is like a sandwich. The more layers the better.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/14/04 said:
The Club is a joke, guys. Most thieves know how to get past one.
Yeah it's easy enough but lets say you have the club,autolock,fuel cutoff,alarm,blackjax,lojack etc. Those 30 seconds it takes him to cut off your club might get him noticed, the longer it takes the better, so even if it is a peice of crap, it is worth it for those extra seconds, it will at least stall him for some time, and when stealing a car time is against the thief. If all you can afford is the club get the club, the more the merrier I say.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Shadowhunter on Feb/15/04 said:
Quote: TheGSRGuy on Feb/14/04The Club is a joke, guys. Most thieves know how to get past one.
Yeah it's easy enough but lets say you have the club,autolock,fuel cutoff,alarm,blackjax,lojack etc. Those 30 seconds it takes him to cut off your club might get him noticed, the longer it takes the better, so even if it is a peice of crap, it is worth it for those extra seconds, it will at least stall him for some time, and when stealing a car time is against the thief. If all you can afford is the club get the club, the more the merrier I say.
[/quote]
That club won't take that long. They don't cut the club, the cut the steering wheel. It's alot thinner so it doesn't take as long. I've seen it all on TV before. The autolock is a better alternative since they have more to cut through, plus it's more awkward for them to cut it with the door closed. Pair both the club and the autoloc together and you have a great layer of security.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Also another good "security" is to make your car look undesirable. Like most sleepers, do not put on anything that enhances the visual appearance of the vehicle. A car with any type of body kit or even lip kits with flashy rims will make it much more noticeable than a stock looking car. This is another reason for me to go the sleeper path.

·
Registered
21 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/14/04 said:
The Club is a joke, guys. Most thieves know how to get past one.
Its good to have to give the thieves a little insight in how hard it'll be to get your car to run

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.