Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need some help guys...

my passenger cv axle somehow got a nice cut in it and has leaked all the grease out.

does anyone have an extra one lay around they wanna get rid of???

please let me know

if anything call me 813-395-3064

I am in desperate need and I am trying to not buy a new one...have no money and have to move outta my house as it is

please hit me up if you can help

thanks
Michele

·
Registered
878 Posts
you can get one pretty cheap at discount auto parts or advanded or whatever they r called these days . after u bring in the core its only like 60 i think

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
^ x2 , but from autozone...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
g3teg97 on Sep/11/07 said:
I had to get them from Advance Autoparts which has a lifetime warranty.

Quote: Li-Neezy on Sep/10/07 ^ x2 , but from autozone...

Quote: K2sInteg98 on Sep/10/07 yeah i got mine from napa with the lifetime warrenty
how long ago? any problems yet?...need an opinion from each...

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Michele, you can go to Discount/Advance and get the CV boot repair kit. It includes a new CV boot the correct clamps, and alot of grease. The whole kit can be had for like $15. Its pretty simple to put on, just get a big can of brake clean and clean the bearings and everything very good. And you can do what I did, I bought a huge tub of grease thats specially for Asian vehicles, Its no more than $4-5 and comes in handy alot.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
platinumridah93 on Sep/11/07 said:
how long ago? any problems yet?...need an opinion from each...
I'd say maybe 5 - 6 months ago. No problems whatsoever. If it does break, all you have to do it take it to them and they give you a new one.

Better than OE Honda IMO because they're more money, plus if it breaks you don't have a warranty and you'd have to buy a new one.

·
Registered
878 Posts
i had one on my old g2 and when i got in my wreck. the drivers side front fender took a 60mph hit and the axle wasnt harmed at all im sure itll be fine fir driving on

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I tore up my bearing on my half shaft at the track, axle was fine... So I think they are pretty good, they get the job done...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
g3teg97 on Sep/11/07 said:
I'd say maybe 5 - 6 months ago. No problems whatsoever. If it does break, all you have to do it take it to them and they give you a new one.

Better than OE Honda IMO because they're more money, plus if it breaks you don't have a warranty and you'd have to buy a new one.
i think OE's are better. hmmm, is your car lowered?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Li-Neezy on Sep/11/07 said:
I tore up my bearing on my half shaft at the track, axle was fine... So I think they are pretty good, they get the job done...
well, i got mine from autozone last month and put them on and my passenger side is busted already!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Quote: g3teg97 on Sep/11/07I'd say maybe 5 - 6 months ago. No problems whatsoever. If it does break, all you have to do it take it to them and they give you a new one.

i think OE's are better. hmmm, is your car lowered?
My car is lowered. And I think OE's are better, but when your OE breaks you have to pay for a new one. When mine breaks...I get a new one FREE.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
well, i think OE's are better because they will last a lot longer then REMANs whether your car is lowered or not. but i took the REMANs for the same reasons you did....warranty. but now i'm dissappointed because one of them broke with a month...that sucks.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for all the imput guys. since I was sutck on my own doing this I just bought a new one. it took me forever to get the axle nut off and she banged me up a little bit but she is all better.
I had to borrow the money from my dad :(

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
well, i think OE's are better because they will last a lot longer then REMANs whether your car is lowered or not. but i took the REMANs for the same reasons you did....warranty. but now i'm dissappointed because one of them broke with a month...that sucks.
Where did you get it from? I believe if you get it from Advance or AutoZone their Napa.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
K2sInteg98 on Sep/12/07 said:
that sucks your busted. i actually paid like a few more bucks and got the new ones from napa rather than the reman ones they have
so you bought new axles from napa with lifetime warranty??? when i went, they said they had new ones with a one year warranty...i need to check them out again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.