Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody have this hid kit? very interested in buying it but need to know if it's worth it
think you guys for your time
link

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i all ready did! thank u, my question is does anybody have this kit cuz would like to know if the price is worth it and have they had any problems with it

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Total crap. 8300k has very little useable light. Furthermore, the capsules are off-brand and don't count on them lasting for too long.

I wrote the HID article for a reason...so people avoid kits like that.

For an extra $100 you can get a high-quality kit with authentic, name-brand (Philips or Osram-Sylvania) capsules that will outperform and outlast that other kit.

I'll add here, after reading the auction more closely, that he is flat out lying by claiming it has authentic Hella HID capsules. Hella does not make HID capsules. And 2600hrs? Osram-Sylvania/Philips should last 5000.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
TheGSRGuy is very right why would you want a 8300k kit you are just going to have a very bright christmas bulb on the end of your headlights. Not trying to flame, but I just put my Sylvania Silverstars on today after taking off my "cool" looking Polarg "pure" yellow bulbs so I could get more usable light out of what I had lying around. If it wasn't for my exhaust having a hole inside of it today then I would buy the 4300k kit from xenondepot.com for $449.00 which is a great deal. Well good luck with your decision and hope you choose wisely.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya thanks for the info I'm just going to buy a Japanese conversion that comes with hid head lights
i allways wanted one now i know i really need one too
thanks again

·
Registered
514 Posts
integra102881 on Apr/04/04 said:
ya thanks for the info I'm just going to buy a Japanese conversion that comes with hid head lights
i allways wanted one now i know i really need one too
thanks again
...and yet another reason to love TI. we save people's lives. oNWARD (WO)MEN!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow you guys are still here man i feel you ti has been there for me for a lot of sleeples nights
thanks again

·
Registered
712 Posts
integra102881 on Apr/04/04 said:
i all ready did! thank u, my question is does anybody have this kit cuz would like to know if the price is worth it and have they had any problems with it
it makes it worse knowing you already read the article understood the article and still was wondering if you should buy that kit or not

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Don't buy mecca tune kits. They're junk. Why don't you just retrofit some ECE E55 projectors in there. You will never get the full potential of HID lighting with a factory designed halogen projector, period. Plus it will cause excessive glare. Get only 4100k capsules. I get my kits from thunderman6 on ebay. He's legit and his prices are great. PM me for more details.

·
Registered
903 Posts
actually HIDs are illegal to sell now i guess distributors can ship out what they have and thats it (this law took effect in like october/sept i think)

DOT was saying they are to bright and oncomming drivers were being blinded causing accidents.

i dont know if they changed that now or what though.

and watch out there is alot of "fake" HID kits out there. probably about 80-90% of them are fake

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
man i posted this a long time a go! i all ready decided to go with a Japanese conversion it has the hid headlights and I'm pretty sure i can convince cops to believe that there stock

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
"HID bulbs operate at extremely high temperatures and voltage. If you touch the bulb directly with your fingers, the slightest amount of residue will damage and drastically cut the life of your bulb. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THE BULB WITH YOUR BARE HANDS!!"

that doesn't sound right. i thought hid runs cooler?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts