Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
ckSE on Dec/09/05 said:
Quote: ncollini on Dec/09/05 FYI: If any of you tookt he time to read the post before you attempted to flame....you would have payed notice to the mention of part numbers and years. If you have a 97 or a 99 or an 02 or a ****in 79 I do not know what came in your car. The mention i made was direct from Koyo and was per the mentioned part numbers and year.

just a heads up: I don't see any mention of the model years in your original post
My apologise, I thought I added the year of my car. It was for a 95. If you check the other years, i would assume they are the same. Not to mention, several others mentioned a 95 with th eopposite. I am done arguing. These facts where per the part numbers mentioned and the part numbers where the denso and the showa.

Good luck to the rest of you on an honest search for some answers to which you have.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
i dont even know why it would matter

honestly, all radiators are interchangeable for gen 3 tegs so its not even worth it for you to do the research

good intentions trying to solve everyones 'problem,' but i think it made it more confusing when it shouldnt even be.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
There is a difference. For instance, I built my entire "custom" setup around my radiator. There is literally NO room for error. I have almost 30k in my integra. I am running a fluidyne radiator currently but wanted to switch out to a koyo. If my car had a denso originally, it would have been a more narrow core, if a showa, there would have been a thicker core. That bit of info could make all the difference to someonbe in my case. Not to mention for others that have aftermarket this or that. Perhaps a JDM front conversion? IS300?

The reasons to want to know are open...

I do however agree, if you have a bone stock or barely modified engine bay or front end, this is a nominal argument and the two radiators will swap out with no-minimal effort.

·
Registered
482 Posts
who says that the original manufacturer always gives out the correct information. For all we know, the people you spoke to from KOYO simply made a mistake. Even though they are the original manufacturer, they are still human. There isnt really a problem here. If someone has a question, we can help them discover which radiatior they do indeed have. Breathe easy.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
integra0723 on Dec/09/05 said:
who says that the original manufacturer always gives out the correct information. For all we know, the people you spoke to from KOYO simply made a mistake. Even though they are the original manufacturer, they are still human. There isnt really a problem here. If someone has a question, we can help them discover which radiatior they do indeed have. Breathe easy.
agreed.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
^^There's a plaque on the top of the radiator stating what it is.

For the record: **** Denso and Showa, plastic pieces of ****.....Fluidyne ftw.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
ncollini on Dec/09/05 said:
Quote: cheezthis on Dec/08/05Quote: ncollini on Dec/08/05Simply put and to end the BS debates floaring around: GSR/R are strictly Denso
LS are strictly Showa

If you have vice versa, it has been replaced or swapped. Simple as that.
The measurements should help you if you ae customizing things or need this or that as an option.

All fo the above info was curtousy of the nice folks at Koyo

FYI- this was confirmed for the following part numbers:
R1741 w/ "showa" radiator
R2028 W/ "denso" radiator

I think you're a bit bold on that first statement...

<---owner of 95 GSR w/original OEM radiator, and it's a showa.

Well, bold or not...It is a fact. If you have the showa...it was replaced before you received the car. If you purchased it showroom, then it was a mistake...Which I highly doubt.

Koyo makes the oem honda radiators, so I would sincerely doubt they would be handing out incorrect info. Simply put, it is what it is, "not my opinion." It is factual info provided by the manufacturer of the parts.

Why is it everytime someone tries to spend time helping others on this site some tard comes a long and tried to debate things? Question things? Even all out deny it. This is not my opinion, so I would appreciate you not arguing the FACT with me.

lol i never doubted you because i cant find anything to argue about ;)

i ended up getting a mishimoto radiator which will be fine for what i am going to be using it for (daily driving!) :)

thanks for the information though :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I've got a Denso in my '01 LS as well and have a fan fitment issue.

The main rad fan on the passenger side is not lining up (9" hole to hole parallel to each other) and I understand this is because the fan I have is for a Showa rad which has nuts 7.5" across and the one on the right, slightly raised.

The Denso rad also does not have nuts at the bottom, but slots.

Anyways, where can I get a replacement aftermarket fan that will fit the Denso?

Slim fan? If so, which ones and what size? Are they easy to mount?

Can someone please a link?

Thanks.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
25 Participants
aw614
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing