Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all these posts that led me to frustration. I figured I would do my do diligence and post the info I gathered.
I called Koyo this evening and accoeding to them the following will answer your questions!

Denso: (GSR/R)- 13 3/4x 25 3/4 x 21/16
L W H

Showa (LS) Core (L) 13 3/4 x (W) 26 1/8 x (H)2 1/16
End tanks (L) 2 3/8 x (W) 27 1/16 x (H)2 3/8

Inlets/Outlet: 1 1/4

The LS has measurements for the endtanks as well. You will have to do the math to get the ones for the Denso.

Simply put and to end the BS debates floaring around:

GSR/R are strictly Denso
LS are strictly Showa

If you have vice versa, it has been replaced or swapped. Simple as that.
The measurements should help you if you ae customizing things or need this or that as an option.

All fo the above info was curtousy of the nice folks at Koyo

FYI- this was confirmed for the following part numbers:
R1741 w/ "showa" radiator
R2028 W/ "denso" radiator

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i have an obx radiator

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OEM.....This is how they come...If you havea different radiator...they have at one point or another been swapped by perhaps the previous owner.

·
Registered
526 Posts
my friend had a honda rad but his thermostat went out on the way to school and he had to drive in short bursts all the way. he still has the coolant all over his engine bay from when either the cap or overflow tank failed but now his gsr has a showa just like my ls

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
ncollini on Dec/08/05 said:
Simply put and to end the BS debates floaring around:

GSR/R are strictly Denso
LS are strictly Showa

The measurements should help you if you ae customizing things or need this or that as an option.

I think you're a bit bold on that first statement...

<---owner of 95 GSR w/original OEM radiator, and it's a showa.

·
Registered
614 Posts
i have a LS and i have a Denso, and to my knowledge it hasn't been swapped out...i thought i was told buy the guy who i got it from that koyo told him that, auto has showa

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
cheezthis on Dec/08/05 said:
Quote: ncollini on Dec/08/05Simply put and to end the BS debates floaring around:
GSR/R are strictly Denso
LS are strictly Showa

Yea i was gonna say....
I have a 96 GS-R and its got.... well it had a showa
Now its got like a coolman or iceman or something. idk w/e it is its to OEM spec. looks and works exactly the same

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheezthis on Dec/08/05 said:
Quote: ncollini on Dec/08/05Simply put and to end the BS debates floaring around:
GSR/R are strictly Denso
LS are strictly Showa

Well, bold or not...It is a fact. If you have the showa...it was replaced before you received the car. If you purchased it showroom, then it was a mistake...Which I highly doubt.

Koyo makes the oem honda radiators, so I would sincerely doubt they would be handing out incorrect info. Simply put, it is what it is, "not my opinion." It is factual info provided by the manufacturer of the parts.

Why is it everytime someone tries to spend time helping others on this site some tard comes a long and tried to debate things? Question things? Even all out deny it. This is not my opinion, so I would appreciate you not arguing the FACT with me.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also, if you read the post, i included the dims of each. The difference is only the thickness. Auto may use a difference to include the oil cooler on oem, but for a 5spd the only diff is thickness.

If you are ordering a koyo aluminum "race" radiator, this is all that applies to differentiate.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i am the second onwer of a 97 GSR and the car had all original parts and i used to have a showa but now have a nice beefy KOYO your little post at the top needs more researching

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
nick, who are you to say this information

i have an original oem radiator on my 98 LS and its a denso

my friend has an original oem radiator on his 95 gsr and its a showa

i think, if anything, you have it completely backwards.

besides, whats the point of telling us this information AND THEN arguing with the people who actually have the radiators on their car.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BECAUSE..IF you people took the DAMN time to read....I AM POSTING ACCORDING TO KOYO!

KOYO< YOU KNOW THE FOLKS THAT FABRICATE THE ****ING RADIATORS. I AM SICK AND ****ING TIRED OF TRYING TO HELP YOU INCIoNSIDERATE ASSHOLES.
IF YOU HAVE A ****ING PROBLEM WITH THE INFORMATIoN, PERHAPS YOU CAN TAKE THE TIME OUT OF YOUR "NOT SO BUSY" SCHEDULE TO CALL THEM AND ***** TO THEM.
i WILL EVEN PROVIDE YOU THE NUMBER: 310-787-7300

FYI: If any of you tookt he time to read the post before you attempted to flame....you would have payed notice to the mention of part numbers and years. If you have a 97 or a 99 or an 02 or a ****in 79 I do not know what came in your car. The mention i made was direct from Koyo and was per the mentioned part numbers and year.

If you would liek to argue this anymore, suit yourself...CALL KOYO and tell yhem they are wrong. I dont give a rats ass. I know what works in my car, I know the dims are my intentions where simply to help people out. Not to argue or debate the BS. I simply do not have the time to piddle with people over info that another company provided.

For those of you who where caught in the crossfire of my little rant, I apologise. I was trying to help, but I forgot there are to many whiny babies who only car to bicker and fight rather than add to a post matierial that may help the situation.

If one of you wanted to add a post....why not do some research of your own, before telling others what you think and what your uncles, sisters, sons girlfriends car has in it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ncollini on Dec/09/05 said:
FYI: If any of you tookt he time to read the post before you attempted to flame....you would have payed notice to the mention of part numbers and years. If you have a 97 or a 99 or an 02 or a ****in 79 I do not know what came in your car. The mention i made was direct from Koyo and was per the mentioned part numbers and year.

just a heads up: I don't see any mention of the model years in your original post

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
25 Participants
aw614
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing