Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is regarding the actual bulb of your signal lights.

How many here use clear signal bulbs, knowing well aware of the potential fine?

The reason ask is because I see many fellow Integra owners (roughly 1 in 5 owners) all over the city with these lights. So I'm guessing cops are lenient here? Or eventually I'm going to get pulled over?

Please share your experiences. Thanks.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I drive with clear lights and clear bulbs. I was aprehensive about it for a while...but I've driven past many-a-cop and I'm yet to be pulled over for it. I would think they have more important crime to stop with their time then illegal corner lights. *shrug*

Oh, and in my opinion even the clear bulbs look a little yellowy...since they arnt very bright.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have my clear signal bulbs for quit awhile now. Pass by bunch of pigs and they didn't do $hit, so I guess it's not that big of a deal around my town. Just don't use any color bulb such as red or blue, you'll definetly get pulled over.

·
Registered
786 Posts
All the tegs in my area that have clear corners never use amber bulbs. It's either clear, hyper white, blue, red, or green. I must be one of the few tegs in the area with clear corners using amber bulbs.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I feel ya on the blue lights and being pulled and harrassed. I had the M3 mirror's that had blue LED's in them. ANd the fool hooked them hoop to where they came on with the parking lights, so at night they where always on.

Driving threw a small town one night, bam, cop pulls some Duke's of Hazzard stuff on me, and pulls me. Next thing I know im surronded by 5 cops. They let me off with me just un-hooking the mirror's, beside's that I had a dead inspection sticker, no insurance, tag wasnt registered to the car, cuz I had just gotten the car about a week earlier.

So deff steer away from the blue or red bulbs. I use amber in my amber turn's. Haha

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
IN1108TEGRA on Feb/12/04 said:
Oh, and in my opinion even the clear bulbs look a little yellowy...since they arnt very bright.
Yeah, regular clear bulbs do look yellowish, I wouldn't think they would be normally a problem, rather mainly the hyper white ones and other colors.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I have clear corners but... the front part blinks hyper white and the side is amber, so far they have not messed with me, and usually the cops in Tampa like to pull you over for everything!!!!!

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I have clear corners with red bulbs. Got pulled over once, but I think it was more because I had a headlight out. I'm back to amber now though.

only problem I had was the bullsh*t story the cop gave me about why they are illegal. He told me that an old lady might be infront of me and she may think that they were brake lights and she may think that someone was reversing towards her. I was f**king speechless.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Plasma white wedge and xtreme white fronts in the euro clear corners. Also, superwhite driving lights. Haven't had an issue with them at all (cop wise).

Piaa exterme white 9006 and street glo 9005 hyper whites. I'm sure that it looks pretty damn brite to other cars.

No front license plate (and i sure as hell am not going to stick it in my front dash!)

CF taillights w/ superwhite reverse light bulbs, standard bulb in the red marker for brakes and red wedge bulb for the corners.

AMBER BULBS BITE!

·
Registered
789 Posts
my headlights have a blue tint, and I run with clear bulbs in the clear corners. If you are gonna run with amber bulbs in the clear corners, you might as well put the stock orange back on. No cops have ever given me crap about anything

·
Registered
493 Posts
I had a cop tell me that they're supposed to be amber when I drove by him directing traffic and he couldn't tell that my blinker was on. Correct me if I'm wrong, but
don't the DOT regulations state that they must be either orange/amber or clear? I think it's a DOT law, but isn't widely enforced. Blue, green, etc. is unsafe IMO.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.