Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here so give me a break if there's any reason it doesnt belong here.... but it should

Performance wires, NGK, Nology, Magnecor, doesnt matter, what will it do for the car? Performance wise....

Spark plugs, copper has good spark but doesnt last long, iridium lasts forever, NGK, Denso, Bosch etc. what's better??

I just get mixed answers when I have conversations regarding spark plugs and wires... "no they dont help" "they help in some way"

Please give me your opinions, and any facts to back it up, thanks

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
best plug wires thread from the COMMoN TOPICS (FAQ on top left hand corner of the forum).

if you aren't generating more spark energy from the coil to go through the wires? no you probably won't get more power. the stock coil puts out more than enough for most applications including a 10 sec et 2L all motor B18C1.

if you don't have high cylinder pressures that slow down the spark flame front (eg. 11.6:1 CR or more OR FI), then any ignition mod is a waste of money. ignition mods prevent a loss of power (from misfires) in high cylinder pressure situations like the ones I listed. They can't MAKE HORSEPOWER. only adding more air, or getting a complete combustion, better removal of contaminating burn gases in the cylinder, reduced parasitic friction MAKES power. Well doesn't more spark energy generate a better burn? Not really. The way the air and fuel are mixed when they enter the cylinder and the design of the combustion chamber shape and surface area greatly improve burn efficiency at a much higher level than added spark energy from the ignition upgrade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.