Team Integra Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
midwesta on Feb/22/04 said:
yeah id lower the front. H&R are supposed to make it even.
any idea then why mine didnt come out even, could the system in the back cause that much of a difference. i mean if you can tell by looking at those pics it is a good 2 inches higher than the rear...

Discussion starter · #23 ·
burton_rider on Feb/22/04 said:
i dont have an answer to your question, but your car looks really good, color is awsome and the entire car looks like it flows, good work
thanks man i really appreciate that. i know if this was on honda-tech i would get the whole "yo stunna blah blah rice". its good to see that people here are open minded and accept that people have their own opinions about their car and what they would like to do to it.

I just put my koni yellows on last weekend along with suspension techniques swaybars(front and rear) and neuspeed front and rear lower tie bars and my car sits perfect with the fronts on the top notch and the back set in the middle. I also have h&r sports. The gap in the rear has nothing to do with the konis. I had the same gap with just the springs and it still is the same, not much of a difference though. Off topic, my car handles like it is on rails now!!!

If your front still hasn't settled in to ride lower, make sure that they didn't put the lower mounts on upside down. If the mounts are upside down, it will still look like the spring is held properly, but the ride height will be 1 to 2 inches too high. Just take a careful look at the old stock shock & mounts, and then compare to the Konis. Also, upside-down mounts makes it much harder to get the lower bolt in when reinstalling the shock/spring combo.

Don't ask me how I know this. :p

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Kubla on Feb/23/04 said:
If your front still hasn't settled in to ride lower, make sure that they didn't put the lower mounts on upside down. If the mounts are upside down, it will still look like the spring is held properly, but the ride height will be 1 to 2 inches too high. Just take a careful look at the old stock shock & mounts, and then compare to the Konis. Also, upside-down mounts makes it much harder to get the lower bolt in when reinstalling the shock/spring combo.

Don't ask me how I know this. :p
the lower mounts??? do you mean the perch that the spring sits on??? im tyring to picture exactly what your talking about if not this...

Hmm...it's pretty hard to describe, but yes, the perch that the spring sits on. You shouldn't be able to see the little metal ring on the shock body that holds the spring perch in place. If the entire spring perch is ABOVE the little metal ring, then the mount is on upside down. If you can't see the ring, then it should be on correctly.

Also, I have the Koni reds, so I'm not sure if they use the same or similar lower mounts as the yellows, so this may not even apply.

That's probably not very helpful, I'll see if I can find or make a photo that's more clear.

EDIT: deleted very sorry-looking attempt at an ASCII drawing.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.