Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Konis in the mail and just wanted to make sure these were what everyone talks about. The front looks like they only have 2 points for height adjustment and I was under the impression both the front and rear had 3. I also noticed these "dents" in the front ones but they looked as though they belong there but I wanted to check first with people who actually have these shocks to make sure these "dents" have a function there. Oh and they only give you one adjustment knob per set of shocks???? heres the pics:

·
Registered
11 Posts
the "dents" are where the bolt goes through to tighten the front forks onto the shocks

and i dont use koni's but it doesnt look like it has the mounting points for the brake lines?(the fronts)

·
Registered
555 Posts
yep they are correct. on the stock shock is the brake line mount. i knocked it off with a hammer. then slid it on the koni. the instructions show you how to do it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any suggestion on why the front only has two levels for height adjustment??? i went on the site and next to my application it has a group of characters but i cannot tell what that jibberish is. i thought i remember seeing a "2" there, but so many other people have said they have 3 points of height adjustment so what gives??? also does anyone know of any better instructions online i searched but never found anything much better. i need to know what to do about the dust covers because i keep getting mixed responses on whether to chuck them or not. thanks again u guys are the best.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
4drtegra on Feb/10/04 said:
yep they are correct. on the stock shock is the brake line mount. i knocked it off with a hammer. then slid it on the koni. the instructions show you how to do it.
Thos are about as much instructions as you asking me where the mall is and me pointing in the direction of where you want to go. They look good to me btw.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have the same. Everything looks perfect. I left the adjustment rings just the way they came, but if you want a lower ride, drop them down as "SPORT" in the instructions.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shadowhunter on Feb/12/04 said:
Quote: 4drtegra on Feb/10/04yep they are correct. on the stock shock is the brake line mount. i knocked it off with a hammer. then slid it on the koni. the instructions show you how to do it. Thos are about as much instructions as you asking me where the mall is and me pointing in the direction of where you want to go. They look good to me btw.
im actually ok with how to take the brake line mount off, i was more questioning what to do with the dust cover and i also heard something needs to be bored out... good analogy about the mall though.

·
Registered
439 Posts
the instructions with my tokicos said to keep the dust covers on. If installed correctly they wont make any rattle or any noise, so why not install them ?

·
Registered
747 Posts
on the shocks if you want a different "third" mounting point for the perch you can just have one machined into the shock and it will work fine. I know of a KoNI rebuild center that does that all the time for like $10.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am getting konis soon, and I wrote koni and asked them what I needed to keep from my stock shocks

"Mike,

You will need to keep the dust cover (if you're going to reuse it), the bumpstop and the upper mount from the factory shocks. Please note that the metal sleeve in the center of the upper shock mount will be replaced
(not drilled) with a new piece that we include. Also, if your bumpstop is in poor condition, now is the time to replace it. If you have any questions, please write back and let me know. Thanks.

Gordon"
hope this helps out.
-mike

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright just got the konis with h&r sport in and heres the new deal...the front is a lot higher than the rear. im talking like at least 2 inches off the tire whereas the back is right on the tire. let me let everyone know exactly how they were installed. the front is on the higher notch and the rear is on the middle. this is the way they came. they are not the neuspeed so there is only 2 notches up front and 3 in the rear. the only thing that i know for sure is that none of the shocks have bumpstops (i know this is not good and i am working on getting new ones). i also remember reading on either here or honda-tech that the "cap" that goes on the top of the shock needs to be bored out. i can assume that this has not happened and maybe that is why it is sitting so high??? i included all the pics i took because i just realized how bad they are. it also appears as though the passenger rear sits higher than drivers rear. as far as ride i have mixed feelings. it feels like i feel more "little" bumps than i did with the tokicos. its as if i can feel every crack in the road. now when it comes to the bigger bumps the car rides completely smooth. i used to go like 2 miles an hour over the speed bumps by my house and now i can comfortably go over them at the posted 20 mph and it feels better than anyone elses car. could the missing bumpstops be causing the "bounciness" over normal driving. well anyways here are the pics, hopefully you can tell what im trying to illustrate for you. oh and one more thing my tires are 215/35/18 just so you can add that into the "gap equation".

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks, i like the drop in the rear its just the front that bothers me, even though i am aware that they still have time to set...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright update...tommorow i am going back to the shop that did the install to put in a new set of bumpstops so while the shocks are off should i
a:lower the front
b:raise the rear

i think i would be comfortable with either i just cannot stand how the front is so much higher than the rear, could a system in the rear really through it off that much???

·
Registered
362 Posts
From what I understand most of the time the kits are designed to set the car level front to back so that is why you have more of a gap in the front. My Eibach prokit was like that also with the front giving more of a gap than the rear, but my Tein SS fixed all that

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think after driving around today im going to lower the front and raise the rear, i went over a bump tonight and i heard my tires hit in the rear.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts