Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '99 integra and I'm not the original owner. My question is...
1) Is the car still under warranty for me?
2) When will a '99 warranty expire? At the end of the year, at the beginning, or is it from the purchase date?
3) If the car is still under warranty, how can I find out what type of warranty I've got?
4) What type of mod's might affect me getting things done under warranty?
5) What are things that I should get replaced before the warranty runs out?
6) Can I go to a Honda dealership under the same warranty?

If you can give insight on any of these questions that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yeah, it's transferable.

It goes for 4 years or 50K (which ever comes first). The warrenty started the day the previous owner drove off the lot.

If you're worried about it, you can purchase an extended warrenty from Honda/Acura: They're like 800 bucks to stretch it out to 100K miles.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
I got some info in this topic along with a link to the laws pertaining to voiding warranties.

prev topic

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Taken from the forum guidelines:

"Bumping Threads

Keep it fair to all members and do not needlessly "bump" or "ttt" a topic you started. Chances are very good that if someone knew the answer or wanted to buy something, that they most definitely would post a reply."

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So Justin, what do you suggest? Should I have reposted the topic again? Or maybe put it in a different forum?

The reason for me bumping it up is because I edited my original post, so the content has been changed. I thought that bumping it would be better than creating two posts of similar content.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
tony4311 on Aug/14/02 said:
I got some info in this topic along with a link to the laws pertaining to voiding warranties.

prev topic
click the link I posted earlier it should explain most of your questions. As far as getting anything replaced before the warranty runs out its not going to happen.

the dealership won't replace it if it ain't broke, on the other hand if you really wanted to make sure nothing needs replacment take it to another shop and ask them to see if anything is going bad ,and then take it to the dealership and mention somethings wrong..but DO NOT mention you took it to another shop to find the problem. They will probably find a way out of replacing it.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
just those two parts.....unless the lower suspentsion causes some other damage, and if anything goes wrong with the suspension they will prob blame the aftermarket stuff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts