Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...I have my sony cdxm 630 deck running my speakers straight out..and then I have my mtx pro-2 x 350rms running my 3 mtx 600 which is 750 rms bridged, I have a 1 farat cap with a 20 volt rating..now my question is..why are my lights still dimming when the bass hits..its not as bad..as it would be wiht no cap..but still..I thought caps took that problem out of your system/car...whats wrong with it???..do I need a better battery or what?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
capacitors help out but they don't fix your problem completely. from your profile it seems you don't have aftermarket pulleys, so it could be the bad alternator or battery, take it to get it tested, it should be something fixable. that happens to my car and i bought a cap and it didn't help but i have the aem pulley and that affects my alternator performance. i am planning on putting back the stock pulley and getting a high output alternator.

·
Registered
457 Posts
What size wire are you running to the back? This could be the source of your problem if it's too small then your cap wouldn't make as big a difference. Also check your alternator you might have to invest in a higher output unit.

·
Registered
297 Posts
They've got some high output (135amp) alternators on Ebay every so often. They normally sell for around $180-200. Capacitors are meant to reduce transients in power from the alternator when quick power draws occur. Caps are not a solution for long, sustained bass notes, but they do filter out noise from the alternator so definately keep at least a farad or so. There is also the option of BatCaps. A company called Xstatic here in Alabama manufacturs them and have had very good reviews. You can check out some more info on them at Sounds Good Audio. Hope that helps ya some.

Later,
Roach

·
Registered
354 Posts
if the alternator is damaged you may need a new one as stated before 1000w per farad so get a bigger cap also caps are rated by internal resistance the cap companies do not want you to know this but if you bought a cheep cap of ebay it dosnt charge and discharge as fast as stinger, fosagate or monster (monster currently has the lowest internal resistance). you may also look into a high performance alternator but bye the amp your running i really dont think you need that you can have you alternator REWOUND it works well to a little less $$$$$$. also digital amps are great they draw less power per watt. and you better be running a minimum of 4 guage wire FOR SAFETY PURPOSES AS WELL AS PERFORMANCE.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah Iam running 4 guage ...but also..soon I will have another amp for my speakers...which runs off of an 8 guage wire.....so and alternator..could be a smart plan..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts