Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...im doing a running turbo build...taking me forever...
ANYWAYS....im running a full race mani and dp with a gt2860rs...ls transmission...
my question is, if im running like 285-300hp...will i encounter enough wheel spin to warrant buying an lsd?

I have never gone above about 230...which was NA...never done FI before.
Any and all help is appreciated

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
LSD will almost always help, even on a car without gobs of horsepower. My mom's Infiniti I30t has one, you can feel it pull through the corners, help get the car moving in the snow, etc.

I'd get one if you can afford it...nothing like spinning just one tire through a corner like an idiot, lol.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alllright. lol....i know quaife is a huge name...any other good ones for the ls tranny? its been hard pickins trying to find one...

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
i've been told by most of the big names on this board that quaife is a great way to go. I am looking at similar power goals and I am going to be dropping in a quaife lsd into my GSR trans. BTW what is the car going to used for? if you are using it for auto crossing i would consider swapping a GSR trans in there for the shorter gearing. ITR is overkill especially on boost. You dont want to have to shift to 3rd in auto x.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
MeltMan on Sep/13/07 said:
OBX is a quaife copy for half the cost. You just need to re-torque it to quaife specs.

and they have fixed the axle problem with that LSD.
I still dont trust anything OBX, absolute garbage IMO

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
Danny50 on Sep/13/07 said:
Quote: MeltMan on Sep/13/07OBX is a quaife copy for half the cost. You just need to re-torque it to quaife specs.
and they have fixed the axle problem with that LSD.

I still dont trust anything OBX, absolute garbage IMO
Took the words out of my mouth.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i had a buddy running the obx and it was garbage...crapped out after like 2k miles...if event hat.

is there any other options for the ls tranny?

·
Registered
345 Posts
im running around 300 hp on FI. trust me, youre going to need limited-slip...

#1 - your first gear is gone as soon as torque band kicks in (looses traction and peels out) so it might help with some traction.

#2 - youre going to want as much traction as possible, boosting is no fun if youre staying in one spot haha.

trust me, i wish i installed LSD the first day the FI setup went in, now i gotta wait till i come up with the money to buy quaife =(

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea but the 400 dollar difference is like a 2 week paycheck...i can wait 2 weeks for a quaife so that i dont have to drop my tranny twce.

thanks guys...
any more input would be awesome.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol thanks. i already waited god knows how long for the full race mani and dp and the gt28...ive gotten pretty good at the waiting game.
oh FI

lol

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
winston33 on Sep/13/07 said:
You trying to hit 300 on your stock ls engine? How big of a turbo you got?

he said he's running a gt2860rs... read the previous posts...

Quote: JDMB18DB8 on Sep/13/07 Hey guys...im doing a running turbo build...taking me forever...
ANYWAYS....im running a full race mani and dp with a gt2860rs...ls transmission...
my question is, if im running like 285-300hp...will i encounter enough wheel spin to warrant buying an lsd?

I have never gone above about 230...which was NA...never done FI before.
Any and all help is appreciated

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.